Fletching help

lam396

Lil-Rokslider
I'm trying to set my Bitz up to a straight fletch with a slight offset. I can seem to get my vanes to get full contact with the shaft unless the jig is set to straight. I've tried holding the vane out of the clamp by an 1/8th and the backside of the front still isn't contacting. I'm trying to use BE Spartans with silent knight 300's if that matters. Do I need to adjust the jig somehow to match the shaft diameter? Although the spartans aren't a skinny shaft so I didn't think that would matter to much.

If I can't figure it out, I might just do a 4 fletch straight with no offset. Probably no difference anyways lol.

I just put a very slight offset on the front or back, so almost like a helical, but not that extreme, so I guess my straight fletches are not straight by a few degrees.

OP
L

lam396

Lil-Rokslider
I guess I'm wondering how "slight" is slight on the offset because I was expecting to be able to get more of an offset than I seem to be able to get.

jmez

WKR
You need to adjust the jig as stated above. You also can move the van back or forward in the clamp to improve contact. You have to play with the side to side adjustment as well as the back/forward position of the vane until you get full contact.

OP
L

lam396

Lil-Rokslider
Just to make sure I'm not missing something, but is there anyway to adjust other than the 2 dials that move the magnets?

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm not sure on spec's for black eagle but the smaller the diameter of the shaft the tougher it is for adjustment. Is the front of the clamp hitting the jig

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I'm not sure on spec's for black eagle but the smaller the diameter of the shaft the tougher it is for adjustment. Is the front of the clamp hitting the jig

They're just large enough to still use a normal insert. I believe the Easton equivalent is the Hexx diameter shafts.

OP
L

lam396

Lil-Rokslider
I didn't notice the clamp hitting but I'll look tonight. The spartan is slightly smaller than maybe a standard but no where near a micro diameter arrow so I didn't think it would cause me problems.

Are some vanes harder to get contact with a helical or offset than others? I had the vane pretty far back, I guess I can try moving it forward some to see if that helps.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
This is how I've been running mine for gold tips pro's. Front is centered and rear sets the offset. It's a bunch for blazers but used it on silent knights last season
d133cbc6ab8fce7a6978bd74637c009c.jpg
503d4c9ade39fd0b9c73258a987867ec.jpg

I use Black eagle and the Bitz jig and I have a crazy right hand heli on my shafts. The vane groove doesn't want to sit flush and tight as you say. I end up manipulating the shaft until it does by applying simple pressure ( doesn't take a lot). You can see when they seal good.

Ill try and get some picks of my jig heli which is probably what youre after. I set it up all technical as youre suppose to but didn't get the heli I wanted so I have it set how I want it, and then just push the clamp down and shaft up til they seal perfectly all the way down the length of the vane

Here are some pics
You can see the marks I have mine set at
Then the helix on the vane
15f66694f7460233e3d47fa1f2626146.jpg
68dff84285249d4c20d04c0cd396b681.jpg
77ebef2c03adb0906199543b8c404003.jpg
439280faee74dba5289d7e6ad253df4e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

mrgreen

WKR
Does the issue seem to be the smaller arrow diameter? I just got some HEXX shafts so I'm wondering.

PS. I had to proofread and rewrite this about 3 times. I kept getting things like 'shaft diameter' and 'curious' in uncomfortable combinations. Just didn't seem right.

I think Dudley did a YouTube video of the issue with these jigs and how he manipulates the Jig to get a good seal

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

EsteemGrinders

Lil-Rokslider
I can't seem to get mine blitz to do helical or offset with Victory Vaps but there a fair bit smaller than what you have. If you looking for a hard helical just get an EZ-fletch and be done with it. Honestly, I can have half a dozen arrows done in less time that I spend trying to get the blitz set up. I am interested to hear what other have to say though. I myself bought the blitz as I heard so many good things about it but I am about over it. LOL

wapitibob

WKR
That's a ton of offset you have on that clamp. You're better off with a longer vane and a helical clamp if you want that much rotation on the shaft. I'm fletching X-impacts with a helical clamp and d2" vane. I'll post a pic later.

Last edited:
I love the way they fly like this. Been fletching offsets for years and decided to try the bitz heli set up for this year. My groups are sweet and they recover well from what I can watch down range. I'm shooting 300 spine. My Shafts are cut short as I use the outserts ( 1" longer than regular inserts. ) and my draw is only 28.5 yet I utilze over draw set ups. I have compared this heli to a 4 fletched 1.5" vanes offset and saw little difference or recovery improvement, paper tune difference or speed change. Id love to have ability to slow mo these and verify changes all this makes though.