1-arrow cold bow 7-day challenge, sponsored by Black Ovis

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
6-26-17 UPDATE:
OK, here is the updated list. Sorry for those who can't get all 7 photos in one post. Wish I had more time to fix them like I started off doing.

This is who I have as qualified for the challenge so far. If you're not on this list and have followed the rules, let me know and I'll update it. If you shouldn't be on this list, let me know.

Felix40 (gets two entries for qualifying with both recurve and compound)
Ryan K. Sanpei
UtahJimmy
KHNC
Broken Compass (and an extra entry for your wife, tell her good job btw, that's not easy with a baby!)
frans
mflood3800
mlob1one
mapkoe (great video!)
D_Eightch
Kylen
It'sTyrtruion
TheJuice (great video!)
jquarnberg
Frosty82
Randle
DWinVA
Copedog
Jimbob
TheCougar

Tony Trietch finished (strong!) but is on staff so not eligible to win.

I see a few of you started by June 24th deadline (Sam01, Stonewall, etc), just be sure to have all 7 arrows fired and photoed by June 30, the last day of competition to win the Black Ovis $100

Ross, I moved your photos into your lead post, please put the rest there. If you can't get the 7th photo in there, delete the repeat photo #2. Good shooting BTW

Fatcamp

WKR
Starting over.

Attachments

• KIMG0279.jpg
    KIMG0279.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 46
  • KIMG0280.jpg
    KIMG0280.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 44
  • KIMG0300.jpg
    KIMG0300.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 42
  • KIMG0303.jpg
    KIMG0303.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 41
  • KIMG0305.jpg
    KIMG0305.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:

Fatcamp

WKR
KIMG0311.jpg
KIMG0305.jpgKIMG0318.jpg
KIMG0319.jpg
KIMG0321.jpg

Wife and I both shoot it at 40. I can't figure out the picture thing on here at all. There are 7 days, one shot apiece, and the paper we filled out after shooting. Lots to be learned from exercises such as this. Pretty sure she used the wrong pin for the whole thing. We started shooting bows last January, and intend to hunt with them this fall.

Thanks for the idea. :)

Last edited:

Fatcamp

WKR
Ahhh, if I make a thread and then edit it to add images they show up as pictures. If I add them when making the first draft they show up as an attachment/link.

She is shooting a Mission Riot I bought her for Christmas off of Archerytalk. I am shooting a PSE from Craigslist. We are both using Truglo Five Pin sights. Scheels is doing our tuning. We are new to big game hunting but want the added seasons and lower pressure of archery hunting.

We had taken a break from shooting prior to this challenge. Our performance has us really chomping at the bit to practice more.
KIMG0353.jpg
KIMG0315.jpg
KIMG0318.jpg
KIMG0319.jpg

Last edited:
OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I'll be announcing tomorrow. Drawing from all those who had final arrow in by June 30. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fatcamp

WKR
LOL. I think those posts are the biggest mess of bandwidth I have been associated with.

We are back to shooting daily, and incorporating all manner of fun games. Thanks again.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Time for the drawing for the Black Ovis $100 gift certificate.

Super response to this challenge Rokslide! Thank you. I did the very best I could keeping the list updated and giving people plenty of notice to let me know when people thought they officially qualified, so I'm gonna pull the trigger on this drawing. If I missed you, I'm sorry. Here is the list of qualified entries:

Felix40 (gets two entries for qualifying with both recurve and compound)
Ryan K. Sanpei
UtahJimmy
KHNC
Broken Compass (and an extra entry for your wife, tell her good job btw, that's not easy with a baby!)
frans
mflood3800
mlob1one
mapkoe (great video!)
D_Eightch
Kylen
It'sTyrtruion
TheJuice (great video!)
jquarnberg
Frosty82
Randle
DWinVA
Copedog
Jimbob
TheCougar
Fatcamp (plus an extra entry for wife)
Cody21peterson

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Using random.org, I drew.....

frans

Using his RD longbow made by Stalker Stickbows, he made short work of that mountain goat. see post #40 here http://www.rokslide.com/forums/arch...w-7-day-challenge-sponsored-black-ovis-2.html

frans, you have 5 days (so through 7/8) to claim your Black Ovis gift certificate or I'll draw from the qualified entries for another winner. Simply send me your name/address to [email protected] and I'll get you hooked up with your cool BO Benji.

Thanks Black Ovis for your generosity and promoting archery ethics.

Members, please consider Black Ovis when shopping for hunting gear. Kendall and the crew are always generous when it comes to supporting all-things-hunting-gear on Rokslide (follow their Stealth Cam test thread here)

Thanks everyone, this was fun and we're planning on this again for next year. I hope it helped dial in what you're really capable of in the field. We all benefit as hunters when everyone recognizes and stays within their personal limits.

Even though the drawing's over, please feel free to continue posting on this thread. We can all learn from each other.

Last edited:

D_Eightch

WKR
Congrats!

I agree with supporting Black Ovis. Stand up company, got my boots and trekking poles through them and they were more than helpful.

Fatcamp

WKR
So after my workout last night I shot four arrows at unknown distances for around 20-60 yards.

Buying a different bow, hope it works as well for me as this one has been.KIMG0423.jpg

frans

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks Black Ovis for the generosity and Rokslide for putting this on, it was a great challenge and I learned a bit about my abilities (which definitely need work). Email sent.

Frans

Last edited: