why Hoyt.....

N2TRKYS

WKR
I shot the same Mathews bow for 15 years. I chose a Hoyt Carbon Element because of the smooth draw and it being dead in my hand after the shot. I don't give a rip what some hunting pro uses or says, for that matter. I shot several different bows and chose what I liked the best.

StrutNut

Lil-Rokslider
I used to shoot a lot of different bows. I went from Mathews to Hoyt in 2002 and honestly I am still shooting my 2002 Hoyt Cybertech. It has new limbs and new stuff on it but I have had no desire to get anything else as it is accurate and very quiet compared to many of the new bows that I have shot next to. I cant tell you how all the new equipment compares to each other as my 2002 Hoyt is still going very strong and I still see no need to change. If anything I will be going traditional with my next bow.

SunShine

Lil-Rokslider
I'll add another about Hoyt. They historically are not known as world barn burners and in fact understate their speeds year after year. No other company rates their bows speeds as conservatively as Hoyt. I defy someone to challenge this. J hate the bow companies that post unachievable speeds. I won't mention names because I'm not getting into a brand contest battle. But like I've posted earlier, I've owned em all since the early 80's.

But posting speeds is all simple selling and marketing skills. Being a car dealer I get it.

But what I appreciate most on Hoyt ? Their cams and how they've really defined the hybrid system to the max with huge championship results consistently every year.

To me, the Z cam is as good as it gets in my book. Put that cam on any bow and you're gonna love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hoyt's just fit me well. they have the specs I'm looking for and I shoot them well. that's why I shoot them but If I can find something I like better I will switch.
OP that sponge feeling will go away if you put the limb stop on.

Tywoods

FNG
In my opinion, Hoyt builds the most durable hunting bows for the western hunter. I currently shoot a Katera XL, that I purchased in 2008. With any bow, I feel that being familiar with your equipment provides a high level of confidence when it comes down to making a shot in unpredictable hunting situations. I've toted it around the north Idaho mountains going on 9 seasons and it has yet to let me down, as I have been fortunate to harvest 9 bulls in as many years, as well as a handful of mountain whitetails. Recently, I toured the Hoyt factory in Salt Lake and it re-affirmed to me that why they are able to turn out such a good product. Whatever bow you choose, I cannot stress the importance of knowing your equipment on an intimate level.

I bought a Hoyt Carbon Element in 2011. It was probably the worst performing bow for me (out of dozens over the past 45 seasons) at the moment of truth in the field....arrows going somewhere other than where the pin indicated they would go. I was happy to sell it and go back to my old Mathews for awhile. Today I shoot a Prime Rival and am very satisfied with it.

Tsnider

WKR
i drank the koolaid. when i first started getting into bows the first dude i came across was of course Cam Hanes. I didnt know much about bows and my local shops are overpriced and biased. So i found a smoking deal on a used CS 34 and started shooting it, and it shoots really well and is just a really nice bow. Now over the years i have learned about the Hoyt "1500 dry fires" and honestly for me that goes a long way. No I dont dry fire my bow of course, but its tough. Same reason I buy Toyota. Pay more for something with a little more behind it.

Im sure some of the other brands are amazing too. I just like what I have and will end up with another Hoyt im sure.

I am by no means a expert at archery, but I shot what felt the best at the shop (bought mine off eBay). I wanted a bow that I can draw, and let down with a super slow motion with no jerky movements at 70lbs. The 2016 defiant is the one is settled on. Also felt good after the shot, and held well. I don't use a stabilizer on mine, and I shoot out to 100 for practice. I would switch in a heartbeat if I shot something better after a few years, when im ready to sell and upgrade.

SunShine

Lil-Rokslider
I bought a Hoyt Carbon Element in 2011. It was probably the worst performing bow for me (out of dozens over the past 45 seasons) at the moment of truth in the field....arrows going somewhere other than where the pin indicated they would go. I was happy to sell it and go back to my old Mathews for awhile. Today I shoot a Prime Rival and am very satisfied with it.

Damn bro ! I liked mine so much I bought another as a back up then bought the next generation when the Element was discontinued.

47 yard stalk shot on a Florida 9 point. I'm not a Cracker Jack shot, but that arrow went exactly where I put it using the 50 yard pin held a bit low.

44bd671e2b7776020c6a89e502524c38.jpg

Gumbo

WKR
I've owned more Hoyts over the years than all other brands combined. My first was a ProVantage and I loved that bow but I sold it to buy a Super Slam. I hated that bow, the grip was ridiculous and it shot like crap for me but I was 17 and Chuck Adams endorsed them. Then I bought an OLD Defiant. Couldn't shoot it either so I bought a Mathews Legacy which I shot for years until I bought a Nitrum 34, which was OK, but my consistency with it wasn't good and I kept hitting my arm/clothes in the form that for me produced the most consistent shooting. So I sold that and bought a BTX-28, which I shot great, but the mods kept coming apart. So I sold that and bought a CD 34. Yet again, I got very regular arm slap, not bruising, but a solid brush, with the form that produced the best results. Also the back wall was very spongy on both the Nitrum and CD. So I sold that and bought a Reign 7 after shooting every new bow on the market. I question the quality of Bowtechs after my initial experience, but for me they shoot the most consistently and I have FAR less bow cant at full draw than with any other bow I shot (I shot every new bow with a loaded quiver attached). I think that Reign/BTX grip is the reason I like the way they shoot so much. I also liked the Prime Centery grip but the cant I got with that bow was terrible. The Bowtechs I've shot also have a rock solid back wall, and I like that I can tune them to me with twists rather than spacers.

I am no archery expert or master tech and I'm not an exceptional shot. But I do work harder at both than anyone else I know at both. I think new Hoyts are built great and tune easily, but they are the only bow that I get arm slap with when I shoot. I wish I knew what it was, my form and grip are very reasonable, my draw length is reasonable (and I have tried an inch plus or minus with the same results). If I could shoot a Hoyt I would, I don't know of anyone else who has this problem, but for me it seems I simply can't shoot them.

Dapper

FNG
I have not been a fan boy of any make. I had a Matthews and when I was ready for a new bow. I went to the pro shop expecting to walk out with a Matthews, I shot two different Matthews and a Hoyt. I thought the hoyt shot better, so I now own a hoyt. Who knows what my next bow will be.

Sunshine, congrats on a great whitetail spot and stalk in Florida! Perfect shot! Yes I do not have perfect field form either. Glad your Element works well, and glad we have choices on what we can buy and use. Good luck this fall.

I started with Mathews, had 5 or 6. Had a terrible experience with their customer service and vowed to never shoot them again. Had an Elite, a Nitrum Turbo,then a BTX, another Elite, and back to a Pro Defiant 34. I need to broadhead tune it, but im shooting it as well as my favorite bow ever-rhe Mathews Z7.

I haven't had to use Hoyt's customer service, I shoot it because it felt the best to me of the new bows I tried. Have never been a PSE fan, too stiff on the draw. The Elite were ok, back wall messed with me.

I initially loved that BTX-31, but the strings kept stretching and shit came loose on it too often-couldnt trust it

SunShine

Lil-Rokslider
Sunshine, congrats on a great whitetail spot and stalk in Florida! Perfect shot! Yes I do not have perfect field form either. Glad your Element works well, and glad we have choices on what we can buy and use. Good luck this fall.

Thank you brother. You're too kind. Wondering out loud how your little Element was tuned ?

I have come to know when the hybrid vibes too much, it's time to put it on the drawboard and check cam orientation. I think with both hybrid and binary , the drawboard is the master ! Lol

Sunshine, The Element was tuned fine, yoke and timing and would shoot fixed blade broadheads with field points on the practice range under good conditions. With a 29-¼" draw I just found it critical in the field. I believe a 35" A to A Matrix would have been better for me...no more short bows for this guy. I also took off the rubber grip and it seemed a bit better. Also, I sure wore the paint off the riser quickly and it had the tinest valley of any bow I have had......especially coming from a Mathews Drenalin with a long valley. Anyway, glad the Element is sold and out of my life!

D_Eightch

WKR
To me when there is a choice to make between a lot of similar performing products I go towards the company. Toyota was my choice of pickup because of their quality program. When I get a new bow I will definitely shoot hoyt to see how they feel for me.

SunShine

Lil-Rokslider
Sunshine, The Element was tuned fine, yoke and timing and would shoot fixed blade broadheads with field points on the practice range under good conditions. With a 29-¼" draw I just found it critical in the field. I believe a 35" A to A Matrix would have been better for me...no more short bows for this guy. I also took off the rubber grip and it seemed a bit better. Also, I sure wore the paint off the riser quickly and it had the tinest valley of any bow I have had......especially coming from a Mathews Drenalin with a long valley. Anyway, glad the Element is sold and out of my life!

Your a big dude. Your reasoning is exactly why I went to the Element after starting with the Matrix. 35 inches felt too long for me @ 5'7" 28 draw.

abc328813e365445864a024b70b3c9f2.png

My Matrix Plus was gorgeous I thought. Black out with red accents from the red Hoyt