why Hoyt.....

SunShine

Lil-Rokslider
336cb8644d34e1a4d7cd80d993e83192.png

My brother is tuning up my spare back up Element with Fuel cams to hunt with this year.

Looking real nice on the right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Muley15

Lil-Rokslider
I have had a lot of different brand bows over the last 10 years and I always come back to Hoyt it seems. A few things for me that I like are:
- They keep the Let off in a sensible range. For me, accuracy was compromised when I went to higher let off bows.
- Durability - I truly believe they are the toughest bow you can buy. Ive seen them dry fired and dropped and they still perform.
- As mentioned prior, they are hard to beat for the western hunter. I absolutely love my CD31 for out west.
- Smoothness - I really like the cam system, pretty simple and hope they keep it that way.
- backwall - no dump, just smooth. When I draw back into the backwall it is firm and silent. My prior Halon, Rize and others I have had weren't silent when you hit the backwall. They all made a thud.

OP
E
Ok so I finally brought home my New Hoyt Pro defiant.....

Specs:

pro defiant 34
80lb
29" draw maxed out cam #2
buckskin with RR limbs
Red strings and cables
MBG Pure Adrenaline 3 Pin on a 4" dovetail
10" beestinger
Arrows Gold tip Hunter XT 250 w/ 125g tips, arrow weight around 480g going about 283fps

Impressions: bow has a cool factor look, even though I personally don't care for the aesthetics. machining and finish have multiple minor flaws. dings and rough edges in the aluminum and large globs of the buckskin finish in some areas of the riser cut outs.

Draw cycle is not as silky smooth as my prime but smoother than my elite impulse. definately not as much let off on the back wall but I like that. It is helping me shoot better using back tension. louder and not as dead in the hand as the prime but again better than the elite.

Shooting:

This thing shoots!!! Bow was set up at the shop yesterday and I just took it out for the test run this morning. Got it shooting bare shafts perfect buy just moving my rest a little. Got sighted in the a couple shots and started stretching it out. All I can say is that this bow is putting the arrows exactly where I want them. all the way out to 100yards. the forgiveness is insane. Even when I knew I didn't execute the best shot, Id walk down there and the arrow was still in the group. And when i say group at 100 yards, its about 5 inches with 4 arrows. It is a shooter, not the most refined fit and finish or feel, but it shoots lights out and at 80lbs its a hammer.

Why NOT hoyt?

This. I have shot Hoyt now for the past 4 years. For me, they shoot better than any other bow I have shot up to this point. Have had both Al and Carbon risers, I prefer the carbon. I also feel the Z5 is the best cam right now, nothing wrong woth it at all.

I am sure the other brands have come a long way since I have shot them, but won't find out anytime soon.

I do not see where hoyt is any better than the other top 3 or 4 brands. Lots of people just stick to the same that they have shot. Nothing wrong with that. I like em but prefer pse especially with the new cam system.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

It really comes down to fit and feel. I had a Hoyt and I did not like it. The grip was all wrong for me and that made it hard for me to shoot. No doubt it was a very well built bow but it just didn't fit me. In the end I got rid of it because I could not get it feel right for me. I'm not brand loyal. i will buy and shoot whatever feels best to me.

Muley15

Lil-Rokslider
There are many good choices out there and it really comes down to personal preference but I will say, Hoyt without a doubt makes the toughest bow in my opinion. I have yet to see a Hoyt blow up and have seen numerous ones dry fired without a hiccup.

I agree with them being the most durable for sure

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Brendan

WKR
I've loved every one of my Hoyts, but, mine did just blow up. A 2016 that had never been dry fired. Every manufacturer is susceptible to the occasional manufacturing defect, and Hoyt is replacing everything that needs it under warranty. Would've really sucked if it was right before the season though.

That's why it's good to have a backup if you can swing it. Anything can happen.

Everyone has heard of Muphy's Law - well, my version of it was that Murphy was an optimist...

I like how the Hoyt's feel in the hand. Someone mentioned the cams and I agree, get the cam that is maxed for your draw length. I shot Hoyt for a while and over the last three years, tinkered with pse, bowtech, and elite. The handgrip just feels the best on hoyts for me, but all the bows shot great. I have the Hoyt pro defiant now and love it. I did add a draw stop and like the added backwall.

I've loved every one of my Hoyts, but, mine did just blow up. A 2016 that had never been dry fired. Every manufacturer is susceptible to the occasional manufacturing defect, and Hoyt is replacing everything that needs it under warranty. Would've really sucked if it was right before the season though.
My 2017 pro defiant just blew up yesterday. I fired one arrow that missed the target and then drew back again and my string broke at full draw right at the bottom cam. The cables didn't break, just the srting. I took it to my dealer and he accused me of dry firing. I have never even come close to dry firing a bow. He was even giving me grief about tying my own d-loop and nocking points, because he didn't do it so he didn't know what else I had done to it. I was pretty shocked that he would just accuse me of doing something on purpose. This is not a hoyt bash, I love my bow, just wanted to put this out there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I worked as an archery tech in a mom n pop sporting goods store for 10 years. I have seen plenty of hoyts blown up. Every brand can fail. Some are more prone than others but none are immune. Ive seen catastrophic failures for many reasons. Most failures,are,stupidity but some are design flaws.

Owning your own press is a game changer. It was for me. With kids, job and activities it is nice to make mods/tuning on my schedule.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just wanted to post an update. My 2017 pro defiant was sent back to hoyt and they changed out the whole bottom cam assembly and top cam. I asked if they found any issues with the cams and my dealer said no, they just replaced everything that could have been a problem. So, in the end I paid for new strings and cables, and i ordered 80lbs limbs since the bow was gonna be taken apart anyway, everything else was taken care of by hoyt. I pick it up tomorrow and the whole thing took about 6 weeks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk