Bow sight - final thoughts on a slider

gansettx

FNG
Axcel has been good to me, and the Pins are some of the best in the business!

jmez

WKR
An update on the Axcel slider. You can not leave the elevation lever unlocked with this sight, it will move up and down a lot. I'm not really impressed with that and not sure if it is just mine or how this sight works. With my CBE it didn't move unless you turned the knob, ever.

I emailed Axcel about it and they never contacted me back.

Capt Jims

FNG
If its any help, I have the Option 8 Oval Large Housing with 4 fixed and the movable from S&S Archery on my HOYT Nitrum 34. I just ordered the Option 6 with 2 fixed and the movable again from Rob at S&S Archery for my new OBSESSION ADDICTION OBB. In my opinion I have never been as consistent or confident in my shooting before switching to these OPTION Sights. The Oval sight I had to make an Oval Peep and and am comfortable to 110 yards, before with my Real Deal or Hunter Sights I would not even have attempted a shot out that far with the same bow. With the option 6 smaller round housing I only expect to get out to maybe 90 yards but I'm good with that.

One special note on these OPTION Archery sights. The movable pin, moves INSIDE the housing unlike ALL of the other movable pin sights that I know of on the market now. So no chance of nicking your sight at long range shots because the housing is now possibly in the way.

Just my opinion on a great sight.
Jim

Last edited:

WKR
An update on the Axcel slider. You can not leave the elevation lever unlocked with this sight, it will move up and down a lot. I'm not really impressed with that and not sure if it is just mine or how this sight works. With my CBE it didn't move unless you turned the knob, ever.

I emailed Axcel about it and they never contacted me back.

Neither of mine move when the tension is at the lowest level.

jmez

WKR
If mine is unlocked there is about 1/4 of free movement up and down if you move it with your hand. If you don't lock it down, after 2 arrows it will move down half an inch

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

WKR
I think there is a tension adjustment for the elevation but I'm not sure where it is. Seems like I saw it on an instruction manual/page somewhere. I'm guessing you've already tried that though so I'd bet Axcel needs to do some repair/replace for you.

SquidHC

Lil-Rokslider
I shoot the Fast Eddie XL, and have a tight spot quiver. I like it a lot, but I couldn't use the Hogg Knob with the mounting bracket on my quiver without doing a tiny bit of machining. Not a big deal, and I know lots of guys who run them with no issues. For me, that's my only complaint.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

jmez

WKR
I'm going to have to return it to the shop as Axcel obviously doesn't care. The guy I bought it from said he never locks his down. I like leaving it unlocked hunting so I can just spin the dial if needed. Mine has to be defective, when unlocked you can just shake it back and forth.

There isn't as much travel adjustment on the Axcel as the CBE either. I put mine on early this spring and just sighted in the five pins. Over the last couple of weeks I set up the slider portion. That is when I figured out this one moves.

Pins are set 20-60. I use the bottom pin as my slider. I set it up in the home position as high as I can so I have the most travel for longer distances. On the CBE I can use the floater from 20. On the Axcel the floater won't go above 40 and its out of adjustment.

OP
Desk Jockey
So I shot this for a season. Very happy overall with the sight but I sent the scope back to axcel to go from 3 pins to 5. Dialing for a 50 or 60 yard shot proved to be a pain in the ass. Plan is to run it at 20-30-40-50-60 with the 60 as a slider. Durability has been good so far. Customer service was fast and good communication. Had the sight back to me in under two weeks. Very happy.

boom

WKR
i am currently using a MBG 3 pin slider. it is pretty awesome at the bow range. i like playing around and dialing in say 43 yards.

having said that, i am shopping for a new bow. i will probably go back to a standard fixed 6 pin sight. i had big turkey come in at some distance away: i came totally unglued. it hung up out there, and for some stupid reasoning, i felt i could do it! i dialed out.. then he walked in..i forgot to dial back.

if that was an elk..i would have been a bigger mess. i need simple now. i know that. i am just talking about my own feeble brain powers under buck fever conditions. but i love the sliders!!

Another vote for the MBG ascent verdict 3 pin slider. Enough pins if I’m surprised by an opportunity without a cluttered sight window. This sight also doesn’t cost quite as much as some of the other options

Sean98

FNG
I thought I'd ask here instead of starting a new thread. Have used SpotHogg and MBG for years now for my fixed sights. Love the quality of their build. I'm currently shooting a SH SDP but considering the switch to a slider to remove a little 'clutter.' I don't really like the idea of the slider moving all of my sight pins/housing where I'd need to re-home every time so leaning towards more of a hybrid with 3-5 fixed pins plus a single slider pin. ...but there seems to be limited options for that compared to full housing sliders - although I'm probably missing some of them.

What companies even offer a hybrid option like this where only the slider pin moves?