Paper Tuning Question

mtnhntr

WKR
I'm shooting a Mathews HTR NoCam and have been having some issues paper tuning it. I've tuned bows for many years and never had an issue like this, so I wanted to see if anyone else is experiencing the same thing.

What I'm experiencing is at ~5 yards the arrow is providing me a consistent tear indicating rest low and left - but no matter what adjustments are made it produces the same tear. I know I'm slightly over-splined, but it shouldn't be this dramatic. HOWEVER, when I step back to 7+ yards I'm shooting perfect bullet holes and can shoot bare shafts without issue. I've never experienced anything like this before. Took it to the dealer and they told me that it's as good as it's going to get. I can actually see the arrow stabilize itself before it hits the paper. The stabilization distance is short, but this is just crazy.

For reference I'm shooting #70 @ 245FPS with a 30" FMJ @ 565gr

Shot this same set-up out of a Hoyt for years with zero issues. Input?

OR Archer

WKR
Need more information on your set up.

Every No Cam I have ever set up has tuned great. This is setting timing dead even and nocking point at 90* through the Berger hole. Left and right issues can be addressed using the top hat spacers.

OP
M

mtnhntr

WKR
Need more information on your set up.

Every No Cam I have ever set up has tuned great. This is setting timing dead even and nocking point at 90* through the Berger hole. Left and right issues can be addressed using the top hat spacers.

This was my first foray into Mathews, so I'm learning lol I never noticed the issue before, and I'm breaking in a new string for a sheep hunt this fall - to keep the old as a backup - and just got around 500 arrows through this string so I was starting to go back and make some final tweaks and noticed the arrow kicking low/left. I'm getting awesome groupings out to 70, but I can consistently (now that I'm watching) see the rear of the arrow kick at ~5 yards then fly true. In other bows I've worked on for friends I've seen continued issues if there was an out of the gate issue, but this isn't the case.

What else would you like to know? My specs are just as you noted above - I'm at dead 90 and timing is dead even.

With the groupings that I'm getting, and the return to good flight I'm tempted not to mess with it too much.