Iron Will Outfitters broadheads

Jaquomo

WKR
I'm practicing with the 125 now and will hunt with it this fall. Seems to be an outstanding head in all aspects. Great job billv!

Bill V

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I have been testing them and will be doing more test this weekend on the 100, 125 and 150 grain heads. here is what i can tell you so far.
They fly awesome! they seem to be a very forgiving head, even when I don't feel like I made a great shot they still fly great, where other heads seem to make my mistakes worse.
they are very tough! Even after punishing them on bone and a steel plate, I could still shoot them right with my field points. while they might be a little beat up, they still would cut. I am really leaning towards shooting the 150 grain heads this year.

Thanks for testing them! I'm looking forward to the results.

Bill V

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I'm practicing with the 125 now and will hunt with it this fall. Seems to be an outstanding head in all aspects. Great job billv!

Thanks, Lou! That means a lot coming from a guy with your long, very successful, bowhunting background.

Bill V

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
So, how many elk have you guys put these through so far? And how much of a touch-up or sharpening do they need after one?

I've personally taken 3 elk with them in the last 4 years. In all cases, they would easily shave hair after passing through the elk. I've heard several similar reports on elk of "no damage, can still shave hair". One of the most impressive is the testimonial on our website where one guy put it through the shoulder of a quartering on elk and it exited the last rib on the far side. His twin brother then put the same head through a bull a few days later at 57 yards, also passing through bone. A picture of this head after 2 elk is attached. He still hunts with it.

The edge retention is excellent because we start with a blade that has high hardness (60 HRC) and an extremely sharp edge. I can explain more on how we quantify this later. I believe you can shoot through multiple animals with them as is, but I like to touch up the edge on a fine stone for a minute or so after using them to make sure you can very easily shave hair. We will be posting a video showing this soon.

2elkhead.jpg

cooperjd

WKR
I met bill at the denver sportsmans show earlier this year. Bill is a great guy to talk to, and i ended up going home with a pack of 125gr heads. i have not been able to do much shooting lately, but in my short basement range of 17y they hit dead nuts POI with field points, and my bow is not perfectly tuned at the moment. shooting a 641gr arrow at 275fps and a 487gr arrow at 295fps out of my 2 bows, the BH flies perfectly so far. i'll be getting outside tuning the bows and then shooting the heads at longer distances soon...hopefully starting this week. i'll report my findings.

Lawnboi

WKR
Got the heads. They look nice, won't be testing till I get some new arrows. I plan on gettin 3 more for the season to give them a good go at it.

OP
les welch

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
So, how many elk have you guys put these through so far? And how much of a touch-up or sharpening do they need after one?

I haven't put any through elk. YET. Hunter and I each shot a bear with them about 3 weeks ago. After washing the blood off them, you couldn't even tell which was which if I mixed them up with new ones. They do not even need to be touched up, although I will a little.

Mine will be hopefully run through a New Mexico elk in a few months.

You'll be able to see the full report I did on these coming up shortly.

weedwacker42

Lil-Rokslider
I just got some of these and really impressed. Very sharp out of the box. No identifiable flaws in the 6 I ordered. I've only shot one and ranged from 20-50. It hits where my field points do and, indiscriminately, shaves the fletchings off the other arrows. :) Only thing I've really noticed is that they seem a bit loud in flight. Quite a bit of a whistle that's noticeable. Not sure it means anything, but I can hear it after release til target impact. Anyone else notice? In full disclosure, I shoot a helical 3 fletch AAE Max Stealth vane and the broadheads are not perfectly indexed.

Bill V

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Thanks for your order, and for the review! We're glad to hear they're flying true for you. As you progress out beyond 50, you should continue to find them flying well. We're doing a bunch of noise testing right now, so I appreciate the comment. Do you by chance know what speed your arrow is flying, and what type of arrow you are using? We'd love to investigate further.