Iron Will Outfitters broadheads

weedwacker42

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for your order, and for the review! We're glad to hear they're flying true for you. As you progress out beyond 50, you should continue to find them flying well. We're doing a bunch of noise testing right now, so I appreciate the comment. Do you by chance know what speed your arrow is flying, and what type of arrow you are using? We'd love to investigate further.

Thanks for the reply Bill. It's always nice to have guys like you chiming in. I'm shooting Black Eagle Spartan 250s, 536g total weight about 286 ft/s.

weedwacker42

Lil-Rokslider
NEVER shoot a BH tipped arrow at anything you don't want destroyed, and that includes targets......because they will destroy targets as well.

Ha! I don't... usually. I just shot one at the end of a practice round at 50 yards. I was done for the evening and had filled my 6 spots on my target with field points. I just decided to let one of the broadheads fly at a spot I had left a little bit empty. The fletching base and glue was still attached to the arrow but made a clean slice off the edge of my index vane. I was more amazed than mad.

Lawnboi

WKR
Finally got to shoot these a bit.

Initial impression is these things are well made, best finished heads iv ever seen. Also was surprised how small and compact they are despite pictures. The blades are sharp, thick and looks like they will be easy to touch up.

Got to shoot them only out to 40 yards. Flew perfect, just like field points. Hopefully in the next few days I'll be able to stretch it to 60 and see what they do. After going through a lot of foam the blade sharpness has not been touched, they still shave hair.

Only downside is it makes a little noise. Not as much noise as other vented heads iv shot but not silent either. Anyways iv got 6 of them, 2 out of state deer tags and a lease in state, I'll give them a go this year.

Last edited:

MtnHunter

Lil-Rokslider
Finally got to shoot these a bit.

Initial impression is these things are well made, best finished heads iv ever seen. Also was surprised how small and compact they are despite pictures. The blades are sharp, thick and looks like they will be easy to touch up.

Got to shoot them only out to 40 yards. Flew perfect, just like field points. Hopefully in the next few days I'll be able to stretch it to 60 and see what they do. After going through a lot of foam the blade sharpness has not been touched, they still shave hair.

Only downside is it makes a little noise. Not as much noise as other vented heads iv shot but not silent either. Anyways iv got 6 of them, 2 out of state deer tags and a lease in state, I'll give them a go this year.

@Lawnboi Thanks for the review! I'm excited to see some deer hit the dirt!

MtnHunter

Lil-Rokslider
Looks intriguing. I notice their website has a promo code space. Is there one available for Rokslide?

@buttekid Good question. We don't have any discounts floating around out there, except we offer 5% to active and prior military. If you fall in that category, thank you for your service! Send me a PM with details of how you served and I'll set you up with a coupon code!

jm1607

WKR
Just got mine in the mail and I'm impressed so far.. Doesn't really matter but I love the wooden boxes.. Going to put some into my Block target this weekend to see how they fly..

Will be trying them out near the Gila in a month.. Can't wait!

Lawnboi

WKR
They are shooting perfect out to 60. Won't go farther than that this year. They seem to be pretty forgiving as well. Can't wait to use them.

Slim Jim

WKR
Mine will be here this week sometime! I can't wait to see how they shoot. I'll post my opinion after I fling some.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lawnboi

WKR
While shooting today I came to a realization, I shoot better with these heads than I do my field points, and I think this is why

I seem to concentrate more when missing the target means wrecking a 33 dollar head, sounds bad, and I'm one to always buy quality, but sending an arrow and one of these heads into the rocks would elicit more than a few bad words

My confidence in this head is really growing, season needs to come before I shoot out another target with these things

MtnHunter

Lil-Rokslider
While shooting today I came to a realization, I shoot better with these heads than I do my field points, and I think this is why

I seem to concentrate more when missing the target means wrecking a 33 dollar head, sounds bad, and I'm one to always buy quality, but sending an arrow and one of these heads into the rocks would elicit more than a few bad words

My confidence in this head is really growing, season needs to come before I shoot out another target with these things

Good point about the concentration factor. I'd guess your concentration would step up even another notch when an animal becomes the target! Thanks for sharing your experience with them!

Slim Jim

WKR
I shot these at the range today and these things are the real deal! I usually don't like shooting fixed blades because any little torque or grip at the break of the shot and they drift way off target (no forgiveness). Not that I torque or grip but sometimes it happens. I shot the Iron wills along with my practice Rage hypodermic's and field points. All arrows grouped well and tight together. The yardages were 20, 40, 50, and 60. I was going to go out to 80 but I felt no need because they were perfect out to 60. If anyone is scared to spend the money, take my word, they are WELL worth the money. Good job Iron Will Outfitters

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Glad I picked up a set now if the elk will just come out and play I can see how they work.

MtnHunter

Lil-Rokslider
I shot these at the range today and these things are the real deal! I usually don't like shooting fixed blades because any little torque or grip at the break of the shot and they drift way off target (no forgiveness). Not that I torque or grip but sometimes it happens. I shot the Iron wills along with my practice Rage hypodermic's and field points. All arrows grouped well and tight together. The yardages were 20, 40, 50, and 60. I was going to go out to 80 but I felt no need because they were perfect out to 60. If anyone is scared to spend the money, take my word, they are WELL worth the money. Good job Iron Will Outfitters

Thanks for the review, Slim Jim! Good luck in the field!!!

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Got my 125s tonight. These are pretty nice. Cant wait to see how they shoot. Thanks again Eric.

cvsetter

FNG
Just got my 100's this week and are flying really well out to 50.look forward to trying them on some pa and Iowa whitetails.

cooperjd

WKR
After a bicep injury preventing me from shooting for the past few months, lately I've FINALLY been able to get out and shoot some.

tonight i took the 125gr Iron Wills out for some longer range testing.

I warmed up with a couple groups at 60 yards with field points. then started shooting 2 arrow groups. 1 IW and 1 field point. the IW's were boringly accurate. they hit EXACTLY with my field points at 60, as best as i can group, which was pretty good tonight.

I actually cut a field point because i hit the sharpened back blade of the IW. It cut 2 slits in the field point, and cut a little slit in my aluminum footer. this is a 641gr arrow hitting the back of the IW. it took a teeny tiny chunk of metal out of the back corner of the IW.

That did not affect its flight at all, i kept shooting it, it kept hitting bulls at 60 yards. to say i am happy with this is an understatement. I may never shoot another brand broadhead again. these things are awesome!