Stabilizer Mounting - Offset or Side Mount for Secondary

Hey all,

I'm looking to balance out my bow a little bit better and I'm reaching out for opinions on whether I should pick up an offset mount for my stabilizer or a side mount for a secondary stabilizer... with reasoning if possible. Would also like thoughts on brands/models to take a look at. I'd rather not break the bank, but I'm also not afraid to invest in a good piece of equipment if needed.

Here's what I'm currently running...

Bear Attitude 70lbs
8" Titanium Archery Products (TAP) Stabilizer Elite
Tight Spot 5-Arrow Quiver
Spot Hogg Hogg-It Sight
Trophy Ridge Whisker Biscuit

Thanks all!

Last edited:
Keeping things as stream lined as I can think of I'd suggest looking at a Stokerized SS stabilizer. The weight will be pretty similar but off to the side to help counteract the weight of your sight and quiver. The nice part is it's not hanging way out there like something off of a V-bar. My other recommendation would be a Quivalizer if you found somewhere to try one before you buy it.

OP
samuelayres
Thanks! I've actually gotten that recommendation other places as well. Problem is, I'm really liking my stabilizer/suppressor so far and don't particularly want to replace it...

Keeping things as stream lined as I can think of I'd suggest looking at a Stokerized SS stabilizer. The weight will be pretty similar but off to the side to help counteract the weight of your sight and quiver. The nice part is it's not hanging way out there like something off of a V-bar. My other recommendation would be a Quivalizer if you found somewhere to try one before you buy it.

SWOHTR

WKR
What about the bee stinger counterslide?

I am in a similar position and curious about recommendations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rm06

WKR
What about the bee stinger counterslide?

I am in a similar position and curious about recommendations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There isn't a lot of published reviews on these that I've been able to find but I would like to hear more if someone has used it or the Stokerized SS vs. an offset bar. I'd like to balance out my bow a bit better keeping in mind it is a backpack hunting bow

Last edited:
I would love to hear more about the counterslide as well. I am trying to decide if I need a stabilizer for hunting but the side mount sure could help balance my bow.

mlawrence125

Lil-Rokslider
You already have experienced how great a TAP stabilizer is, why not move the 8" off to the side and get a 10 or 12" for the front? That is the set up in going to be running. If you are interested in getting another TAP shoot me a message, I'll help you out.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I go back and forth with a stabilizer. I shot the last several months without a stabilizer bought the new bee stinger counterslide when it came out. I found I like it set with with the stab a little forward of center with two weights on the front and two on the back. This is on a btx-31 and when I do my job it produces some solid groups at 80 yards. Took my wrist strap off to run this stab and haven't looked back. The clamp that holds the stab is of poor design and the screws way to short and can't stand up to the abuse from making lots of adjustments seeing where I liked the stab set. Had to use a longer screw and problem solved but they could of done better. You can't loosen the screws just a touch to slide the bar back and forth because you will scratch the crap out of it. Hope that made sense

blake_mhoona

Lil-Rokslider
I run an apex 10" sidebar tight on the left side. I have 3 weights on the front and 2 on the back. About 3 inches past the bow and 7 inches in the rear. I get the best of both worlds for $80

rm06

WKR
I ended up getting the Bee Stinger Counter Slide in 12"

First, I know squat about bows and bow hunting. I've owned an old Archery Research 34 for the past 10 (?) years that I bought used hoping to plunk a big mulie off my deck, however, it never fit me right and I just upgraded in March to pursue bowhunting with a bit more seriousness.

Regarding stabilizers, I looked around and researched what other guys were using for their hunting setups and ended up purchasing a 10" Bee Stinger. I try to shoot regularly and with my bow set up as it would be shooting at an elk on the side of a mountain and noticed I would be continually fighting the level on my sight while at the same time fighting gravity while the stabilizer pulled my pin down off target, leading to fatigue, bad shots and degrading the confidence of a new shooter. Coming from a little 6" stabilizer from the early 2000's which I don't believe served any purpose other than to anchor the wrist sling, the 10" was a big improvement but it also had some downside as I was finding out.

The counter slide has been a big improvement. I've currently got it set up at about 60% out from and 40% behind; still experimenting but this seems to work for me at the moment. Also having it offset from the centerline of the riser is helpful to counterbalance the sight and quiver. I'm much more relaxed at full draw and when I check my level bubble it is almost always centered without me having to make adjustments.

Of course none of this is earth-shattering, just documenting my journey so far and what has worked for me and what hasn't. I think the Bee Stinger Counter Slide is a good deal for it's price point vs most v bar setups. I may try something different in the future though it has inspired some confidence and helped me with my practice routines.

sim22mie

Lil-Rokslider
Good to hear you have found something that is working well for you. I've been toying with different stabilizers the last couple weeks. I've settled (for time being) on a quivalizer with an 8" bee stinger back bar with 3 oz of weight. It's holding very steady for me and my pin isn't moving nearly as much as just a standard 8" stabilizer or even the bee stinger counter slide. The downside is I get fatigued easier when shooting a ton. I'm a little worried about wind, but otherwise I'm liking it right now.