Double bow case - skb

So I am looking for a hard case that will handle two bows for air travel and some truck time. Biggest bow is a HOYT defiant 34.

I have had good experience with skb gun cases so am focused on them. I have 3 models in mind.

4719 - 40x18x7.5 water proof but weighs 35 pounds empty
4217 - 40x16x6.5 water proof. Weighs 26 pounds
5014 - 50x15.5x6 could handle rifles too weighs 30 pounds.

Any ideas on which is best? I have some double gun cases. The idea of the 50 is interesting if I wanted to bring a bow and a gun someday.

OR Archer

WKR
They may be billed as a double bow case but there's no way you're fitting two fully rigged bows in one. They're just not deep enough for that.

BigDog00

WKR
I believe I have the 5014 and packed my bow (PSE Decree) and a rifle last fall. I have a MBG dovetail sight I had to remove but it wasn't a big deal. I had enough room for my hunting clothes, kill kit, and some other stuff as well.

Brodie

Lil-Rokslider
I have the 4719 I like the width because I can leave my sight (cbe slider) installed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NHRedleg

Lil-Rokslider
I have the 5014. I can get my PDE DriveR and my wife's PSE Rally in it. The fit is tight. It takes placing the bows just right and some not sweating how much it seems you're squeezing them to get the case closed; but they'll go and it hasn't done any damage to them at all though I will say that I have not flown with two bows in the case only truck travel. I did use the case to fly with one bow; didn't use the middle padding put a bunch of cloths and other stuff in there and it protected everything great. The 5014 will fit four long guns or a bow and two long guns as well.

Beendare

WKR
If you were anywhere near the San Francisco Bay area I will sell you my SKB double.

I went to the Sitka no mad because of what you touched on with the case making up so much of the 50 pound weight limit the airlines give you. The Nomad is 10 1/2 pounds and with a good packing system it works fantastic. I put my bow in a soft case in the bottom with lots of room for extra gear, clothes. Its my "go to" now

Ag111

Lil-Rokslider
Just bought the 4719 and it is huge! Really nice case though. I put in two quivers full of arrows, a 35" New Breed Bow, a 32" Obsession Bow, and a bunch of clothes, jackets, socks, gear, etc. All loaded up it was 50# (perfect for air travel). Allowed me to put the rest of my gear and clothes in my 1850 Kuiu bag for a carry on. The case is bigger than i need but i like the ability to use it to as a dual purpose gear/bow checked bag.

OP
Desk Jockey
Just bought the 4719 and it is huge! Really nice case though. I put in two quivers full of arrows, a 35" New Breed Bow, a 32" Obsession Bow, and a bunch of clothes, jackets, socks, gear, etc. All loaded up it was 50# (perfect for air travel). Allowed me to put the rest of my gear and clothes in my 1850 Kuiu bag for a carry on. The case is bigger than i need but i like the ability to use it to as a dual purpose gear/bow checked bag.

Thanks. Is it really 35 pounds empty?

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
I have had a couple diff SKB cases and like them but they are heavy and prone to the lid warping. I would look else where on my next case.

garrete

FNG
They may be billed as a double bow case but there's no way you're fitting two fully rigged bows in one. They're just not deep enough for that.

I've done it...some very careful packing was required though. I only bother using it when I fly. I prefer a soft case if I can help it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved
I have the 4719 and would expect it is 35# empty, as it quickly gets to 50# even with one bow, clothes and some other items. I bet it could fit two bows, but it would be tough with your site on it. You could also probably try for a rifle/shotgun in addition to a bow. But I've never done anything than one bow and other stuff. It is a tank and I love it.

MattB

WKR
Just a thought, but I always take 1 bow in a bow case and 1 in a hard bottom duffel (Badlands) when I travel. Plenty of room for all my gear and my hunt isn't screwed if 1 of my bags is lost.

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Warlord