broadhead testing

OP
It appears the double bevel and single bevel are about equal in your pics OP.....what do you think?

I would say so. The only difference is the twist as it went through the gel. It was pretty cool to see the twist. The problem is the camera didn't pick it up well

JasonWi

WKR
The Trocar held together really well. That's the head I hunted with last year (didn't get to shoot anything) but it always flew true and I felt for the price it's a good BH. I was planning to use it again this fall and this certainly adds to my confidence.

blake_mhoona

Lil-Rokslider
i really like the results of the Exodus 125. i was already leaning that way anyway. i'm surprised others havent mentioned it just based on your review.

was it the swept blade or normal. the pic looks like normal just want to confirm

OP
i really like the results of the Exodus 125. i was already leaning that way anyway. i'm surprised others havent mentioned it just based on your review.

was it the swept blade or normal. the pic looks like normal just want to confirm

regular blades.

Beendare

WKR
I would say so. The only difference is the twist as it went through the gel. It was pretty cool to see the twist. The problem is the camera didn't pick it up well

Oh man, you are going to have a bunch of Ashby clones with their panties in a wad over this....

Its no surprise the 3 blade anything didn't perform as well as the 2 blade anything....the "V" shape doesn't wedge stuff apart like a good 2 blade. And forget the claims of the chisel point heads and their 'bone breaking'...its more like, stopped dead in bone.

Last edited:

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
i really like the results of the Exodus 125.

Are you looking at the same Exodus I'm looking at? It looks pretty chewed and beat up to me.

I'm really surprised though how chewed up so many of those blades are for every head......even on bovine bones. I would expect a lot of heads to get stuck in the bones, but I wouldn't expect all those dinged up blades like that. I have heads I've shot through grouse and into gravel and dirt that just needed a quick touch-up on the blades. I'd expect gravel and rocks to be harder on them than fresh bones.

blake_mhoona

Lil-Rokslider
Are you looking at the same Exodus I'm looking at? It looks pretty chewed and beat up to me.

I'm really surprised though how chewed up so many of those blades are for every head......even on bovine bones. I would expect a lot of heads to get stuck in the bones, but I wouldn't expect all those dinged up blades like that. I have heads I've shot through grouse and into gravel and dirt that just needed a quick touch-up on the blades. I'd expect gravel and rocks to be harder on them than fresh bones.

2. Exodus, this head flew well and did good on the penetration test, on the bone it actually blew through the bone and went into my bag target. It was pretty beat up but kept all the blades.

i was actually looking at the bold underlined part more than anything. i think it was the only one to blow through the bone and to the next target?

and i'd be more than willing to sacrifice a bent replaceable blade if it meant a kill or shorter tracking job

TraskI

Lil-Rokslider
Thank You! Thank You! I was just deciding which BH to change to. I was leaning toward the QAD, and this help confirm that decision.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Moose2367

Lil-Rokslider
Damn, i'm taking over a broadhead business hear in Aust in the next few weeks, could've sent some over for you to test. Still about 5-6 weeks until they'll be available though.

OP
Damn, i'm taking over a broadhead business hear in Aust in the next few weeks, could've sent some over for you to test. Still about 5-6 weeks until they'll be available though.

send me some and when I do the next tests I can include them. or I have a few bones left and can do the long range test and bone test sooner. It's the gel test that I do ready at this time. I actually would like to do smaller test groups 29 heads were just to much at once.

Brendan

WKR
2. Exodus, this head flew well and did good on the penetration test, on the bone it actually blew through the bone and went into my bag target. It was pretty beat up but kept all the blades.

i was actually looking at the bold underlined part more than anything. i think it was the only one to blow through the bone and to the next target?

and i'd be more than willing to sacrifice a bent replaceable blade if it meant a kill or shorter tracking job

I was looking at that one too. Makes me want to order a pack and try them out if they're the only one that actually did that.

OP
I was looking at that one too. Makes me want to order a pack and try them out if they're the only one that actually did that.

I think exodus heads a great heads, I have shot them for a few years now. I have shot them at bone 3 or 4 times now and they have always held up to the bone and not lost any blades. this test is however the first time they went all the way through the bone. that said I do think it is one of the better heads on the market.

TheTone

WKR
I've loved the performance I've had with 100 grain 4 blade stingers but have always had a little doubt in my mind with the way the bleeders are held and the ferrule in that area. Interesting to see that one of them pretty well came apart and at the same time the serrated one looks great.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
this test is however the first time they went all the way through the bone. that said I do think it is one of the better heads on the market.

There's no doubt that Exodus heads are tough, but "going through bone" is not an exact science as all bones aren't created equal and it's impossible to try to shoot another head through that exact same spot that the Exodus went through. I put an Ulmer Edge expandable through a bull elk's humerus bone (the one that attaches to the shoulder blade) after passing through the ribs and the rest of the bull on a quartering away shot, and the arrow blew through like going through hot butter. And that shot was from 54 yards. It landed about 20 yards beyond the bull and the head and blades were in perfect shape without even a ding. Yet, I still don't like those Ulmers.

OP
There's no doubt that Exodus heads are tough, but "going through bone" is not an exact science as all bones aren't created equal and it's impossible to try to shoot another head through that exact same spot that the Exodus went through. I put an Ulmer Edge expandable through a bull elk's humerus bone (the one that attaches to the shoulder blade) after passing through the ribs and the rest of the bull on a quartering away shot, and the arrow blew through like going through hot butter. And that shot was from 54 yards. It landed about 20 yards beyond the bull and the head and blades were in perfect shape without even a ding. Yet, I still don't like those Ulmers.
You are 100% correct. The bone test is not an exact science. Having tested the exodus many times though and seeing it's toughness and how sharp it is, I personally believe it is one of the better heads on the market.