Deep Six

Bill V

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I'm currently testing four different arrows for my elk and mule deer setup and two of them are Deep Six. I'm still on the fence as to whether or not I'm going to make the switch. For those of you that have tried Deep Six, how did they perform for you?

Bughalli

WKR
I've had them the last 3 years and no complaints about them. They are durable, never had any issues and get the job done. My only issue is the limited selection of broadheads (plus no 125gr heads) and no judo option. The limited broadheads hasn't been an issue, been very happy with what I use, just means I can't tinker as much in experimenting. The lack of judo heads is a bummer though. I like to stump shoot when elk hunting.

Not a direct answer to your question, rather a comment on reduced thread and shank size with a deep 6: Just google 8-32 (regular) and 6-40 (deep 6) machine screws. You will see a strength increase of about 40% for regular threads versus deep 6. Some deep 6 broad heads and field points I measured are even machined to a smaller diameter making then 1/2 as strong as regular threaded points due to reduced cross section. This reduction in strength kept me from using deep 6 inserts and points as I have bent the regular sized ones on occasion in the past. That said I shoot Injexion shafts with a Firenock outserts and like the aerodynamics of the thinner shaft. And I have 8 or 9 Ulmer Edge 125 gr all steel deep-6 broadheads if anyone wants to buy them (tested one on the range but not hunted).