Shooting w/out a stabilizer

Read1t48

WKR
Any of you hunt without a stabilizer?
Is there ever a time that shooting without a stabilizer is an advantage?
I have shot a bunch with and without and I dont notice a meaningful difference even in windy conditions. Could the weight of my sight (Spot Hogg) be enough to stabilize the bow?

pointer26

Lil-Rokslider
I am new to bow hunting and have only shot with out a stabilizer. I shoot out to 60 yards and hit a 2 to 3 inch balloon. I do not think I will shoot with one.

No stab for me. Personal choice and the freezer stays full enough to feed us, the taxidermist is usually happy and P&Y gets a few entries from me. Anyway, I do not like how a bow carries with a stabilizer on it. I carry a bow a heck of a lot of miles over the year and don't want the weight and awkward profile. My very limited testing about 30 years ago didn't show any increased accuracy for me with a stabilizer. Haven't tested one since.

Good luck with your decision!

It depends on the stabilizer. The short 8" and smaller stabilizers do very little for me in the realm of accuracy. In the case of my Katera XL I have one on it just because it takes shock out of my bow. I can easily shoot without and see no difference on targets. My Perfexion, on the other hand, has a Quivalizer on it and it serves to act as a longer target stabilizer. The pin float is slowed dramatically. The length doesn't bother as when the bow is in my hand hiking I carry it string down so the quivalizer runs up the back of my arm. Other times I carry my bow across my shoulders with the grip on the back of my neck. The length of the quivalizer gives me somewhere to rest my hand.

It's personal preference pure and simple. I like the stability of a longer stabilizer for shooting. I'll use shorter stabilizers only if they take noticeable shock out of the bow, less of an issue each year as bows have less and less shock in them.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I leave mine off. I have a 6,8 and 10 inch set up with back bar. My bow tips forward on its own with a 6" dove tail mount for the sight. I don't like that it also tilts to the right, that's why I use a back bar set at an angle to compensate that some what. I also don't use a wrist sling. If I could the back bar heavy enough it would be perfect, but in the woods, I prefer lighter weight. I do notice it not being there on longer (70 yards) shots. Seems the longer you hold the bow up the more that stabilizer helps out.

Everyone has what fits them. If you don't see a difference at your longest range, then don't worry about it.

Dameon

WKR
Yep, stabilizers are a personal choice. I prefer to use them to get a neutral feel after the shot (no dipping forward) and to counter balance the weight of my accessories at full draw. On my Vector Turbo, I run a 10 inch front hammer style bar and I use a 15 inch Doinker Tactical on my Carbon Defiant Turbo. I've been looking at replacing the Tactical with a lighter 10 in front and 8 in side bar set up with 2 oz up front and 3-4 oz out the back. The problem is all the setups I can find cost big bucks and their are plenty of choices to choose from which makes settling on one kind of tough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pointer26

Lil-Rokslider
Do you blow up a new balloon after every shot or blow up a bunch then shoot?

I shoot only one arrow until I pop the balloon. I then inflate a new one. I have some shoulder issues so I do not shoot as much. I also take my time working on my shot.