Trophy Taker customer service post sale to ARCUS?

I have a trophy Taker smackdown pro that stopped working. Basically the launcher blade no longer rises. Been trying to work thru ARCUS for a week now and not really getting anywhere.

The rest was only used for one hunting season and is the first trophy Taker rest I have had issues with. Been shooting them since 2002.

Any recommendations or suggestions? Used to just be able to call trophy Taker and have any issues resolved quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let me know. I have a smackdown with a bent launcher arm spring and have also been trying to get ahold of them. They did answer my first phone call with a real person quickly then gave me the name and email of the guy to send pictures to and I have not heard back In a week and a half. Very disappointing for what used to be great products with phenomenal customer service. If they don't come through soon any product the company that owns trophy taker now I will never buy again.

OP
dreamingbig
Exactly... quick to answer and slow on any real solution. Fingers crossed.

OP
dreamingbig
I am not at the buying a new one phase yet. Heck, right now with this experience it won't be a trophy Taker.

OP
dreamingbig
8 days and counting with no solution offered yet. Start early and bug them often is my suggestion!

I need to call again. Actually what I need to do is figure out the torsion spring specs and just order a few elsewhere so in another 8-10 years I have an extra spring again.

Ozzymodel70

Lil-Rokslider
it took me almost 2 months to get mine replaced. had to go through my local dealer because I was getting almost no where. they did offer to replace mine completely and did follow through, just took a while.

TheTone

WKR
Looking at the newer rest's that big allen head bolt holding the launcher on isn't my favorite feature. Looks to me like you would be drawing your arrow across the bolt head and I did like the older style one piece design. I'm kinda concerned with where they are heading with product, my fear is big conglomerate company and a loss of quality; the customer service stories posted here seem to point that way.

garrete

FNG
I am not at the buying a new one phase yet. Heck, right now with this experience it won't be a trophy Taker.

I had one for a year and I had the same problem. This must have been before they got sold because they sent me two new springs pretty quick. Thing was though I already had a hamskea hybrid pro hunter installed when the springs showed up.

I put the new spring in, decided that the hamskea was a better design and I haven't looked back. The smackdown will fail on you again. I recommend looking at purchasing a different rest.

My smackdown is the older square blocky design and has been rock solid for probably 8 years or so. I don't mind one little spring wearing out in 8 years or shooting a lot. I did call again late this past week and the CS guy that they had me send pictures to originally said he couldn't get the pics to open so asked if I could send them again and provide my bow shop since there were no dealers in the area and he would get the spring sent out. I notified my bow shop so we will see if anything shows up or not.

OP
dreamingbig
I already have the Hamskea on and dialed in but I still want my smackdown fixed!

Who can wait this long?

garrete

FNG
My smackdown is the older square blocky design and has been rock solid for probably 8 years or so. I don't mind one little spring wearing out in 8 years or shooting a lot. I did call again late this past week and the CS guy that they had me send pictures to originally said he couldn't get the pics to open so asked if I could send them again and provide my bow shop since there were no dealers in the area and he would get the spring sent out. I notified my bow shop so we will see if anything shows up or not.

What makes you think the spring they send will hold up? Seems like lots of folks have been having problems recently. I bought a smack down in the summer of 15 and the spring was toast before spring turkey in 16. I personally don't trust it anymore.

OP
dreamingbig
Update. They did come through with a brand new rest. So while the process is slow and requires diligence my experience did end with a happy ending.

cg2737

WKR
I just picked up four packs of Shuttle Ts. One of the packs has an issue with the threads. I called a week ago and was asked to email kmorris for a resolution. I have not even gotten an email confirmation that they received my complaint. Very disappointing.

KHNC

WKR
I cant stand the guy that is in charge of marketing for arcus. i have smackdown pro and option 6 sight. called option last week and the guy answered right away and sent out new fiber optic for the mover the next day. I hope i never need anything from arcus, obsession, ramcat or any of their companies.

OP
dreamingbig
I just picked up four packs of Shuttle Ts. One of the packs has an issue with the threads. I called a week ago and was asked to email kmorris for a resolution. I have not even gotten an email confirmation that they received my complaint. Very disappointing.

His first name is Kenneth and you have to badger him.

OP
dreamingbig
Arcus is good at acquiring companies but after that they really drop the ball in my opinion. The brand image will suffer.

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
It's certainly not what it was. The crew that Dan had was fantastic and I am sure they will continue to be at Option Archery. I just hope the new crew at Trophy Taker realizes they are slipping and fixes it.