Trophy Taker customer service post sale to ARCUS?

Finch

WKR
What makes you think the spring they send will hold up? Seems like lots of folks have been having problems recently. I bought a smack down in the summer of 15 and the spring was toast before spring turkey in 16. I personally don't trust it anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I bought a brand new rest in 2015 as well and maybe shot it 10 times and took it off and left it on the bench. Now the spring seems bad with virtually no use of the rest. I've emailed twice but will try calling. Another unsatisfied customer.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Finch

WKR
Just called and got Kenneth. He told me to email him my contact info, description of problem, pic of rest, and my local pro shop info. We'll see.

Jethro

WKR
Just something for you guys to check out: I had the same launcher experience within 2 months of buying a Smackdown. 2013 model that I bought brand new that year. Thought spring broke, but when taking it apart I found that the small set screw that holds the shaft in (it goes in the flipper that the cord is attached to) had come loose. It allowed the shaft to move enough and allow the spring to pop out of the holes that hold it in place. I was able to put the spring back in and tighten everything and it still works today.

That said, it is sad to see customer service that was great, go down hill. The day this problem happened I called Zach at Trophy Taker and he had 2 replacement springs on the way before I even left the parking lot of the 3D shoot.

Trophy Taker was Dan Evans hung onto the sight and quiver and started a new company called option archery.

cg2737

WKR
Kenneth finally emailed me back. He said that he would look through the warehouse to see if he could find me some replacement Ferrells. I emailed back and said that I would like new broadheads in replacement of my new broadheads that don't thread into my inserts. That was a week and a half ago. Not a word. I'm done with Trophy Taker.

Finch

WKR
Kenneth finally emailed me back. He said that he would look through the warehouse to see if he could find me some replacement Ferrells. I emailed back and said that I would like new broadheads in replacement of my new broadheads that don't thread into my inserts. That was a week and a half ago. Not a word. I'm done with Trophy Taker.

He's definitely not very prompt in responding to emails. I'm still waiting on word about my replacement.

I finally did get my torsion spring on 8-5. It took probably 4 phone calls and 3 emails but I'm happy I have a usable rest. Will probably sell it after the season and upgrade to Hamskea but they did come through although it took way more effort on my end than it should have.

bat-cave

WKR
I have Smackdown Pro's on two bow's and have really liked them. I put one on a new bow earlier this season and experienced similar issues (the spring comes loose and the flipper won't rise). I gave up on Trophy Taker support and mine went into the trash. :-( It was funny in that after the complete lack of response, I sent a follow up to say how disappointed I was in their lack of support / response. I promptly received a response saying "they never saw my original note". I responded to this message (~10 min after receiving it) and explained the issue .. crickets .. hence the trash can. :-(

wekilldeer

Lil-Rokslider
Just received 2pks of Shuttle ts. I have shot this head since tight point owned them something like 10yrs ago. After dozens of dozens of good shuttle ts I finally got a bad batch. Both packs had chipped blades and there was a very noticeable burr along some of the blades. I emailed ACRUS and was told to send pictures and documentation of the purchase. I did about a week ago and so far nothing back. I guarantee the old Trophy Taker with Dan would already have a set of blades at my door. I'm very loyal to what works and I am very disappointed in ACRUS right now. I will give them until Friday, and if still no reply, I will be using a different head.

cg2737

WKR
Still no follow up email from Kenneth. I will be using Wasp SST broadheads. Wasp stands behind their products.

OP
dreamingbig
Yeah they are going down hill fast if this is their approach to customer service.

Trial153

WKR
Hate to pile on. Before Christmas I ordered 300 TT max stealth vanes. Order goes through, card is charged...couple weeks goes by and no update. No vanes nothing... I email and get no response, email again ..nothing. I call and leave at least one message.
Finally I get an email back. Turns out they lost my order in the shuffle of moving operations someplace down South. Next he writes that the order will be filled shortly as the new year. Long story short my card was charged over night and it took about 6 weeks, several emails and a phone call to get the vanes

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

cg2737

WKR
Still no response and I am 14 days from flying out for my hunt. I no longer plan on using Trophy Taker broadheads, but this is ridiculous. Just say no to Trophy Taker.

Let me know. I have a smackdown with a bent launcher arm spring and have also been trying to get ahold of them. They did answer my first phone call with a real person quickly then gave me the name and email of the guy to send pictures to and I have not heard back In a week and a half. Very disappointing for what used to be great products with phenomenal customer service. If they don't come through soon any product the company that owns trophy taker now I will never buy again.
I had the same experience. This occurred a month ago and never heard back. I used to be a sold supporter of their products but now I won't purchase from them again. Terrible costumer service

Finch

WKR
I received my replacement rest the other day. He stayed true to his word but it took a little prodding to get it worked out. Sold the new rest and gonna stick with QAD especially since they're made right up the road from me.

wekilldeer

Lil-Rokslider
Quick update on my broadhead situation:

Late June I received 2pks of Shuttle Ts as a gift, about 75% of the blades on those heads were chipped and had excessive burrs along the sharpened edge. First time I encountered this problem in 10ish years of shooting the shuttle ts.

I immediately contacted ARCUS trying to get a set of replacement blades sent my way. 1week later I get a reply asking for pics of the blades, I sent them the next day. After 3 weeks of no reply from ARCUS and 2-3 emails from me trying to get this fixed I finally got ahold of Kenneth and he agreed that there was an issue with the blades and said he would replace them after I sent the damaged ones back. He said that he actually forgot about it and it was his fault that it wasn't taken care of. I appreciated the offer but hunting season is a week away and exchanging the packages was no longer an option. He never replied again............

Pretty bummed since I really like the shuttles. I want to give them the benefit of the doubt here but they have failed a few times.

Julius K

FNG
I had a snack down break, I called and talked to Ken. He asked me to send pics. I didn't hear from him for three weeks. I called him back and within 5 days I had a new smack down pro waiting for me at the pro shop.

Rafal

FNG
Hi,

This is a pretty old thread, but I realized it may be worthwhile posting my recent experience with Trophy Taker (to warn others). A lot has changed since they were acquired by ARCUS (for the worst I am afraid).

In total I have purchased three SmackDown arrow rests. I bought the first one in 2016. This one works well even today. I had a problem with one screw (due to user error), but after contacting customer support, Trophy Taker has sent to me, free of charge, few replacement screws. Everything was super fast. I was impressed by their customer support. This was in 2016.

Moving to 2018 and 2019. I have purchased a Trophy Taker SmackDown Pro Click arrow rest. After shooting the rest for a while I have noticed considerable amount of slack in the rotating axle. The rest started making lot's of noise as well. After disassembling the rest I realized it only had one ball bearing installed instead of two! There was a lot of metal wear visible. I had to send multiple messages to Trophy Taker and wait over two weeks to get a response. I was told to send the rest for replacement or warrant repair. So I did send it over to them. This was in June 2019. I have not heard back from them since then, even after contacting them multiple times in July, August and just couple of days ago. Basically I have reported the issue in the end of May 2019 and now, November 2019 I am without an arrow rest. This is their lifetime warranty in action.

I made a great mistake ordering another Trophy Taker arrow rest, while waiting for the Pro Click version to get repaired or replaced. This time the newest SmackDown Pro Lockup version. After using this rest for less than 5 months, the screw connecting the fork to the pivoting axle has fractured during target shooting.

Guess what. After reporting this issue to Trophy Taker I got zero response from them.

This is the worst experience with any product I have purchased in my whole life. I will not put anything on my bow with a Trophy Taker logo even If I got paid to do so.

Have order a Hamskea Trinity Pro Hunter arrow rest. Hopefully this is not going to be another Trophy Taker.

Attached you can find pictures of the Pro Click version (no ball bearing) and the Lockup version (fractured screw).

OP
dreamingbig
I haven’t had one issue with any Hamskea rest since I switched. Don’t look back!