Anyone shooting an Xpedition Denali?

brocksw

WKR
Curious about the Denali, I've grown to like those longer Ata bows. Anyone shooting one and have some feedback for me? Possibly even some chrono numbers?

I'm currently shooting a 27.5" Impulse 34 with a 515 gr arrow at around 270 fps. Would like to know how the Denali compares.

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Got a Denali back in April. Bow shoots very good, definitely "dead in the hand". Draw cycle is very comparative to Hoyt's Z5 cam and dumps into the valley quick. Very, very solid back wall.

At 71 (72)# draw wt, 28" DL and 395 gr arrow, chrono is 295 fps.

This company definitely has its act together.

I have an I34 and a Denali. At 67/30 they produce virtually the same speeds with a given arrow. I like them both and would be happy with either one. The Denali is noticeably lighter. If you are thinking about moving to the Denali because it is faster than the I34 I did not see that. I like the draw cycle a bit more on the Denali and the lighter weight.

OP
B

brocksw

WKR
I have an I34 and a Denali. At 67/30 they produce virtually the same speeds with a given arrow. I like them both and would be happy with either one. The Denali is noticeably lighter. If you are thinking about moving to the Denali because it is faster than the I34 I did not see that. I like the draw cycle a bit more on the Denali and the lighter weight.
I gather that the Denali draws almost identical to a hoyt with a solid elite backwall and does not have the hump on the end of the draw cycle like the impulse does.

How were the factory strings on the Denali? How is the ATR cable guard?

Not too pleased with the factory cables as they form "wear" spots on the serving. More of an eyesore than amything else.

No issues wirh the cable guard.

I gather that the Denali draws almost identical to a hoyt with a solid elite backwall and does not have the hump on the end of the draw cycle like the impulse does.

How were the factory strings on the Denali? How is the ATR cable guard?

There is definitely a hump to get over before the valley on the Denali. It might be a touch smoother than the Impulse 34 but if you don't like the impulse you probably won't like the Denali either. I put Catfish custom strings on mine and they are served through the ATR, no issues with cable wear.

The new xcursion has little
To No dump. On the back end. I'm shooting 27.5" 66# 410grsim arrow at 296 with factory strings. Factory strings have held up great on last 2 bows great actually. Atr isn't bad I just keep my string waxed and it seems to do fine. I do shoot a lot too