GT Kinetic Ballistic Collar

Does anyone that shoots the Ballistic Collars on the Kinetics have an opinion? From what I gather, they offer some protection to the insert and keep it from bending.

jmez

WKR
I didn't like them. They are fragile and don't hold up well shooting into a bag target. After a couple weeks the tops Were chipping off and peeling down. They also get material from the target between them and the shaft and you can't get them off. I didn't glue mine on and they won't come off. Not sure if they protect from bending. I only used them for a couple weeks and never spun them again.

I've only had mine for a few weeks but haven't had any of the above mentioned problems. So far I'm impressed with the system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brendan

WKR
I don't like them. I'm in the process of cutting all my arrows short, and installing Deep 6 inserts so they don't go to waste.

I've had 3 dozen arrows, some built by Jerry @ South Shore, some built by me. Same result - Had too many where the insert / collar would not spin true. Even being very meticulous about the build process, it's much more difficult to keep everything square. Frustrating to have great tolerances on the arrow, but then have it still spin crappy.

Also as mentioned, they're a pain in bag targets. Many of mine are developing a lip or damage on the rear of the collar from repeatedly pulling them out of the bags at my range.

OP
afdiamond1
Thank you all for the info. Doesn't sound like the juice is worth the squeeze on these.

cooperjd

WKR
i'm running kinetic xt 200s, and just made my own footers out of an aluminum shaft. the GT collars seemed too flimsy. i don't like the idea of the HITs, and the GT half-outs didnt seem as tough as the steel black eagle half-outs. so i ended up epoxying a 50gr HIT behind the 50gr black eagle half out for extra weight, and slid my aluminum footer over most of the exposed portion of the half-out. my footers i believe are 1.75", so they cover the shaft and the half out. everything is epoxied in place. just be sure to slide on the footer before you epoxy in the half-out! 641gr total at 275fps, it's a tough, hard hitting arrow.