Fast Eddie XL Question

Tag_Soup

WKR
For anyone that has a fast Eddie xl 2017 version with dual pin and the dual pointers, do the pointers correspond with the pins at all ranges? I would assume that if you were able to adjust the vertical gap between the pins, then they would correspond all the way out, but I have not heard if this is the case. Hoping someone can confirm for me before switching from fixed 5 to a slider.

Thanks!

Mine is on order and I researched that. I believe the answer to be yes, but obviously when you get out far the difference between pins is like 3-6 yards. Not that you'll have too many situations where You're on an animal at 93 and he takes a bound and is at 97.

OR Archer

WKR
As long as you sight in as accurately as you can while doing your calibration then yes. They will be on at all distances

garrete

FNG
I have a three pin Hogg father sighted in @ 20/30/40. Beyond that you use you bottom pin for 50/60/70. Ect...

It seem like you are asking if you spin the dial to 70 can you use the middle pin(in my case for 60 and the top pin for 50).

The answer is maybe. Depends what kind of accuracy you tolerate and how fast you rig/how light your arrow is.

It's worth shooting like that a bit so you know what to do in a pinch I guess. The entire scope moves. The pin gap doesn't change as you move the dial.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Tag_Soup

Tag_Soup

WKR
I have a three pin Hogg father sighted in @ 20/30/40. Beyond that you use you bottom pin for 50/60/70. Ect...

It seem like you are asking if you spin the dial to 70 can you use the middle pin(in my case for 60 and the top pin for 50).

The answer is maybe. Depends what kind of accuracy you tolerate and how fast you rig/how light your arrow is.

It's worth shooting like that a bit so you know what to do in a pinch I guess. The entire scope moves. The pin gap doesn't change as you move the dial.

Kind of, more in reference to the new dual yardage indicator in combination with dual pins. Say my pins are gapped so that I have the indicator at 25 and 45 yards with the top being sighted in to match the 25 yard indicator and the bottom to match the 45. Would these two indicators track the respective pins all the way through the sight tape range? I believe the answer is yes so long as I can individually adjust the elevation of the lower pin relative to the upper pin when sighting in.

wesfromky

WKR
I have a fast eddie with the dual pin, dual indicator. The pins do not adjust independently they have a fixed distance between them. Once you dial in the correct sight tape with the top pin, both pins will indicate the correct yardage as you adjust yardage. The bottom pin will always be a proportional distance farther then the top pin, based on your setup. You cannot have them set for a arbitrary gap.

garrete

FNG
Kind of, more in reference to the new dual yardage indicator in combination with dual pins. Say my pins are gapped so that I have the indicator at 25 and 45 yards with the top being sighted in to match the 25 yard indicator and the bottom to match the 45. Would these two indicators track the respective pins all the way through the sight tape range? I believe the answer is yes so long as I can individually adjust the elevation of the lower pin relative to the upper pin when sighting in.

I just went and took a look at it....I'll actually be interested to hear how that works.