Quivalizer. Is it worth it

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
Love the Quivalizer, one of those items that once I tried it, I never looked back.
I save weight versus a stab and quiver combo and I shoot better with it. Dan Evans doesn't make anything that without serious time and thought invested, it's very well made.

As for it "getting in the way", if you are in crazy heavy brush just move it to the side position. It goes back and forth effortlessly. I hunt with an arrow nocked almost all the time so for me the Quivalizer sticks out just about the exact length of my nocked arrow.
View attachment 54915

I have been using a tight spot for around 3 years now and was hesitant to spend the money on it when I did. I've been very happy and have no regrets since going to the tight spot. That said I have been considering a Quivalizer so I can drop my front stabilizer. Currently I have an 11 inch elite stabilizer attached to a 10 degree quick detach and then a little weight on the back side of the riser below the string stop bar but this isn't as much as a true back bar and I didn't like a side offset back bar. Checking to see if anyone has benefited from going to a Quivalizer and what quiver you had before. I like the idea of a long front stabilizer when I want it but also don't have any issues shooting with no stabilizer on closer shots as I never used a stabilizer until the last few years. How does the Quivalizer hold the arrows inside the hood? Is it a slotted hole system like tight spot or do you have to use foam? I really like not having my broadheads smashed into foam constantly dulling themselves with every little wiggle or vibration. I would probably attache the Quivalizer mount to the 10 degree offset unless that was awkward. Anyone else done this? Any other comments of differences notice feel free to add them.

OP
doverpack12
I ended up purchasing one after the first couple responses. Shooting the past 2 nights its pretty incredible how steady my pin is. No left to right movement and the first night there was a little slow up and down float. Second night I had it set up better and added a small amount of weight to the back of the riser down low just above the limb and now it pretty much just sits there. Shooting has improved a ton and I had an 11 inch stabilizer on the front to start with and a larger weight on the back of the stabilizer and tight spot on as well. My bow holds and shoots better with it in the traditional position as well because I was able to mount it with the bracket clamp facing the front of my bow like Dan Evans did in his original introduction video so it kind of lines up with my riser where my tight spot was inline with my cables. I don't like the arrow grippers as much as the tight spot but I will make that small sacrifice for the huge improvement in how it holds. I really don't think it will be an issue getting in the way and I hunt thick lodgepole quite often. It will be easier to carry my bow with the stabilizer going up the back of my arm and over my shoulder and with an arrow nocked like Tony said the quivalizer is maybe an inch longer which is an advantage if anything because it can be tough to keep track of your broadhead and try to avoid things while stalking or moving in. Thanks for all the replies. I had a hard time convincing myself to try it but there is just no question once you shoot with it on your bow.

bounds

WKR
Glad you like it dover! Those were my exact feelings. Once I got over the mental hump and tried it, I was sold. Like Tony said, Dan doesn't make anything that doesn't work really well.

I too have found that I really like carrying it with it running up the back of my arm. Doing that, it doesn't get in my way at all.

I just bought a reign 7 and asked a big time bow hunter friend of mine, a guy with his own TV show and books, DVDs etc about the quivilizer and this was his reply...
View attachment 54904
So yeah..I passed on it and am happy with the shrewd raid stabilizer and fuse quiver I ended up with. But to each their own I guess.

Who gives a shit. You shot one? What did you think? Not for everyone, but throwing around statements like that just make me laugh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ahlgringo

WKR
Who gives a shit. You shot one? What did you think? Not for everyone, but throwing around statements like that just make me laugh.

Hah- right on!! Totally agree

I bet he was super "big time" though

HookUp

WKR
I just bought a reign 7 and asked a big time bow hunter friend of mine, a guy with his own TV show and books, DVDs etc about the quivilizer and this was his reply...
View attachment 54904
So yeah..I passed on it and am happy with the shrewd raid stabilizer and fuse quiver I ended up with. But to each their own I guess.

Jim Burnworth of Western Xtreme TV shoots the lights out with a Quivalizer. It's more about the Indian than the bow. All the top shooters could make anything work well for them.

I ended up purchasing one after the first couple responses. Shooting the past 2 nights its pretty incredible how steady my pin is. No left to right movement and the first night there was a little slow up and down float. Second night I had it set up better and added a small amount of weight to the back of the riser down low just above the limb and now it pretty much just sits there. Shooting has improved a ton and I had an 11 inch stabilizer on the front to start with and a larger weight on the back of the stabilizer and tight spot on as well. My bow holds and shoots better with it in the traditional position as well because I was able to mount it with the bracket clamp facing the front of my bow like Dan Evans did in his original introduction video so it kind of lines up with my riser where my tight spot was inline with my cables. I don't like the arrow grippers as much as the tight spot but I will make that small sacrifice for the huge improvement in how it holds. I really don't think it will be an issue getting in the way and I hunt thick lodgepole quite often. It will be easier to carry my bow with the stabilizer going up the back of my arm and over my shoulder and with an arrow nocked like Tony said the quivalizer is maybe an inch longer which is an advantage if anything because it can be tough to keep track of your broadhead and try to avoid things while stalking or moving in. Thanks for all the replies. I had a hard time convincing myself to try it but there is just no question once you shoot with it on your bow.

Doverpack12 would you mind posting some photos? Maybe previous setup and now? And anyone else who wants to share? I'm looking to learn here - and have been curious about the quivalizer for awhile but have been planning on grabbing a tight spot - thanks!

mhedlund

FNG
I pulled the trigger on a quivelizer last week. Shot some 3D this weekend and some 80 yard practice since. I am pretty happy so far. Previous set up was 10" front bar and 8" back bar mounted low on riser. Only thing I need to figure out is adding adding some weight to the left side to help level the bow.

Give it a shot!

Sent from my LG-K373 using Tapatalk

OP
doverpack12
Doverpack12 would you mind posting some photos? Maybe previous setup and now? And anyone else who wants to share? I'm looking to learn here - and have been curious about the quivalizer for awhile but have been planning on grabbing a tight spot - thanks!

I'll try and get some pictures of the quivalizer on the bow. Probably won't go back and mount the other setup but I can lay them out next to the bow and hold the tight spot where I had it mounted with the quivalizer mounted in the traditional quiver location.

mhedlund

FNG
Pic...
4b7d94ad577896f4c48fb9db9aec5e66.jpg

HookUp

WKR
I pulled the trigger on a quivelizer last week. Shot some 3D this weekend and some 80 yard practice since. I am pretty happy so far. Previous set up was 10" front bar and 8" back bar mounted low on riser. Only thing I need to figure out is adding adding some weight to the left side to help level the bow.

Give it a shot!

I need to do the same, I can live with it but it could be near perfect. I'm thinking gluing a bee stinger weight inside the end cap bottom left corner. Start with non perm glue to see how it feels.

WKR
I've wondered if that won't be the next generation of quivalizer. I know he is working on a back bar system but an adjustable weight (bolt?) attached to the quiver hood would allow a lot of customization.

HookUp

WKR
I've wondered if that won't be the next generation of quivalizer. I know he is working on a back bar system but an adjustable weight (bolt?) attached to the quiver hood would allow a lot of customization.

Could drill a hole, thread it and screw the weights in from the out side if you knew right where they need to go. For the guys who see a sail, I cannot stand having a quiver on my riser and like how my bow holds better than when I had a 5 arrow tight spot on the riser. I wasn't a believer until I tested both set ups.

Brendan

WKR
For the guys who see a sail, I cannot stand having a quiver on my riser and like how my bow holds better than when I had a 5 arrow tight spot on the riser. I wasn't a believer until I tested both set ups.

I've tested both - I thought the wind drag was worse on the quivalizer as compared to my tight spot and front stabilizer. Ended up getting rid of it, mainly because I couldn't get used to the ergonomics, but all this talk is making me wonder if I should give it another go. Especially as my bow has progressively gotten heavier....

WKR
Could drill a hole, thread it and screw the weights in from the out side if you knew right where they need to go. For the guys who see a sail, I cannot stand having a quiver on my riser and like how my bow holds better than when I had a 5 arrow tight spot on the riser. I wasn't a believer until I tested both set ups.

Good idea for a winter project.

OP
doverpack12
Regarding wind, Dan Evans talked about the surface area being the same in his initial video release. Yes the wind is hitting the quivalizer differently if it is mounted out front but remember you can put it on the side of the bow in a traditional quiver location and at that point its pretty close to a tight spot. I do still like the arrow grippers more on a tight spot than on the quivalizer but all other aspects I prefer on the quivalizer.