Quivalizer. Is it worth it

I have been using a tight spot for around 3 years now and was hesitant to spend the money on it when I did. I've been very happy and have no regrets since going to the tight spot. That said I have been considering a Quivalizer so I can drop my front stabilizer. Currently I have an 11 inch elite stabilizer attached to a 10 degree quick detach and then a little weight on the back side of the riser below the string stop bar but this isn't as much as a true back bar and I didn't like a side offset back bar. Checking to see if anyone has benefited from going to a Quivalizer and what quiver you had before. I like the idea of a long front stabilizer when I want it but also don't have any issues shooting with no stabilizer on closer shots as I never used a stabilizer until the last few years. How does the Quivalizer hold the arrows inside the hood? Is it a slotted hole system like tight spot or do you have to use foam? I really like not having my broadheads smashed into foam constantly dulling themselves with every little wiggle or vibration. I would probably attache the Quivalizer mount to the 10 degree offset unless that was awkward. Anyone else done this? Any other comments of differences notice feel free to add them.

bounds

WKR
I switched to one from a tight spot this year and I haven't looked back. I had a 12 inch bstinger with no sidebar. The first thing I notice is my bow is lighter overall. I shoot an old Switchback, which is heavy, so that has been really nice.

Having 20"+ of bar out front is definitely noticeable right off the bat. In a good way. It feels very solid and I'm not having to correct for side to side balancing. I also have really come to appreciate the ease of pulling an arrow and knocking it. For me it's been a much more fluid movement than the traditional quiver mounting point. So I've really enjoyed it.

It does use foam in the hood, and the hood is small, so your broadheads are really close to each other, especially if you shoot bigger/longer fixed blades. But I only shot the tight spot for a season and used a foam filled hood for 10 years before that, so the foam doesn't bother me. It has holes cut out for each tip so you're not shoving your blades thru foam. Also, the hood isn't very deep, so if you shoot a long broadhead like Magnus Stinger or similar, the back portion of the blades will not be covered by the hood.

Overall, it's changed the way I shoot and my comfort level at distance, so I'm sold.

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
I have checked into these things and often wondered about folks who carry these around. I can't wrap my mind around getting through heavy bush with this thing on there. Everyone I see carrying a bow with one it looks like its more of a pain in the ass to pack around your bow. Am I wrong?

Brendan

WKR
Only you can answer that.

I tried one, and switched back to my tight spot and front/back bar setup. I just couldn't get used to the ergonomics, and didn't like the "quiver" functionality as much. The quivalizer with arrows is also a lot of area - so catches the wind more than a standard stabilizer.

Not ruling out ever trying one again, but it wasn't for me this time around.

Pick one up used, and give it a go to see if you like it.

i tried one this year and loved it, less weight by not needing a stabilizer and man it holds solid. Took it turkey hunting for 4 days came home ripped it off and put my tightspot back on. to me it is just not that functional in a hunting scenario. works great at the range, not so much trying to stalk through sagebrush imo.

Personally, I like mine a lot. That being said whether it's worth it for you, I cant say. It's a piece of equipment that is very dependent on the hunter as to it's usefulness. I hunt in the mountains north of huntinfool and mine works great, if I was trying to be smaller than a sagebrush down in the desert where he's at, I'd share his opinion.

WKR
Just got one. My bow is a full pound lighter, but holds better and feels really good at the shot. I'm sold on them. My tight spot and bee stinger combo 10.8 (front/back system) was ok but this feels much better. I would be very surprised if that changes any time soon.

I love mine. only time i put it on the side of my bow is when I'm in the thick idaho brush... But my shots are under 30yds so Im not that worried about my bow being balanced. I run mine with a side bar though so I didnt cut any weight. I like and shoot a heavy bow much better.

WKR
I love mine. only time i put it on the side of my bow is when I'm in the thick idaho brush... But my shots are under 30yds so Im not that worried about my bow being balanced. I run mine with a side bar though so I didnt cut any weight. I like and shoot a heavy bow much better.

I like shooting a pretty heavy bow, but I don't like hiking with it... I'm hoping the quivalizer gets me closer to the best of both worlds.

Thought it was dumb until i tried it. I dig it for sure. I went from a tight spot to this and its been a good choice for me. I typically run an offset once my quiver goes on, but i no longer have too with the quivalizer.

wapitibob

WKR
I'm not a fan of the Quivilizer because the weight distribution is wrong, but a long stab is a no brainer.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 440
  • 9-3-4.jpg
    9-3-4.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 439
  • 9-3-1.jpg
    9-3-1.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 401

wapitibob

WKR
The function of a stab is to create a moment arm away from the point of rotation, ie light as possible bar and concentrated weight on the end.

WKR
The function of a stab is to create a moment arm away from the point of rotation, ie light as possible bar and concentrated weight on the end.

The quivalizer moves weight forward and slightly to the left, the same as my 30" stab and side bar combination on my target bow. Obviously it's not as efficient, but it is a nice compromise in terms of functionality. I disagree that the weight distribution is wrong, though it's obviously not as optimal as a target type stabilizer setup.

Fireguy

WKR
I love mine. I refused to even think about one for about two years. Lets be honest, it is goofy looking. It looks "stupid" as some have told me. I finally decided to try one and I'm glad I did. I use it as a normal quiver most of the time hunting. When it is time you do a stalk it takes 2 seconds to move it to the front position. It works great. I love mine.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I love mine. I refused to even think about one for about two years. Lets be honest, it is goofy looking. It looks "stupid" as some have told me. I finally decided to try one and I'm glad I did. I use it as a normal quiver most of the time hunting. When it is time you do a stalk it takes 2 seconds to move it to the front position. It works great. I love mine.
Just commented to my buddy that it probably works awesome but just plain looks silly so no way I'd try it. Glad you didn't let it hold you back and it worked out.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Hokkaido

Banned
I just bought a reign 7 and asked a big time bow hunter friend of mine, a guy with his own TV show and books, DVDs etc about the quivilizer and this was his reply...
View attachment 54904
So yeah..I passed on it and am happy with the shrewd raid stabilizer and fuse quiver I ended up with. But to each their own I guess.

G5Archer

Lil-Rokslider
I've had it since last year and love it! Definitely lost over a pound from my previous setup and has really helped slow down my pin float at longer distances. Like others have stated before to each his own...yeah it's not for everyone but I don't see myself switching back.
ff78839196ed728e25f724c40c232e63.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk