Quivalizer. Is it worth it

lchavez

Lil-Rokslider
Interesting responses from others experiences with lever lock.

I was so determined to make this quiver work for me that I attempted to switch the lever lock from my tight spot to the quivilizer. That’s when I noticed the extra detail of the tight spot. The lever lock base is double threaded. There is a thread in the base, and a thread in the lever housing. This allows you to tighten the lever/base separate from the lever action. An ingenious little detail that makes a huge difference.

In addition to the sound benefit, it also stays up when you open it. This keeps it out of your way when sliding the quiver on and off.

I did not call customer service as I could not see how they could help.

I've had it since last year and love it! Definitely lost over a pound from my previous setup and has really helped slow down my pin float at longer distances. Like others have stated before to each his own...yeah it's not for everyone but I don't see myself switching back.
ff78839196ed728e25f724c40c232e63.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I was thinking of a mount for the Tightspot with mount still in standard side location for switching back to when needed. These arrows are 3.5" longer than my compound arrows (they are for my recurve).

f473322a76c2256ad7abfb9945aa3a0d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WOOD5045

FNG
Thanks for posting. It’s one of the pieces of gear I may try. How did it go spot and stalk? It’s one thing I am concerned with. I don’t usually start a stalk with an arrow nocked.

I had the opportunity to make several stalks and I don't nock an arrow until I get toward the end of the stalk. Other than carrying a lighter set up, the stalk wasn't much different than with my last set up. If you carry your bow facing down with the quiver in the front stabilizer position, you will need to be aware of the hood while moving through brush so the hood does not bang into stuff. This was not much of an issue when I have an arrow nocked because my arrow extends out further than the quiver hood. Carrying the bow with the quiver/stabilizer running up the front or back of the arm/armpit was also a comfortable way to carry the bow with the quiver out front.

One nice feature of the Quivalizer is that it's up to you when/if to move the the quiver from the side position to the front position. You could always leave the quiver in the vertical position until you are ready to nock an arrow if you're worried about banging into things. I plan on putting some felt on the hood to minimize any noise in case I bang it off something.

The Quivalizer has a ton adjustability and can be customized to you and your bow. It won't work for everybody, but I am happy with it.I ended up twisting my hood about 15-20 degrees clockwise to get my fletchings tighter to my bow riser when the quiver was in the front position.

Here's a few things I noticed:

-I didn't have any issues with the clamping mechanisms except when I failed to close them when moving the quiver. They will rattle on the shot if the clamps are not closed/tightened.

-Moving the quiver is noiseless except when you forget about gravity...Be aware, the quiver can fall to the ground if you're pointing the bow down when releasing the quiver from the front position. Either point the bow horizontal or higher, or hold onto it as you release the lever. Ask me how I know :rolleyes:

-As set up on my bow, the carbon fiber quiver tube makes a great carry handle when in the vertical position. YMMV

Lemme know if you have any more questions. Good luck

OP
doverpack12
I was thinking of a mount for the Tightspot with mount still in standard side location for switching back to when needed. These arrows are 3.5" longer than my compound arrows (they are for my recurve).

f473322a76c2256ad7abfb9945aa3a0d.jpg

Just clarifying the quivalizer does come with a traditional mount like the tight spot location but in addition it can be flipped allowing quiver toward sight or quiver toward string for balance. Basically the quivalizer can do what the tight spot does but I feel has more adjustability and options in every way. The only part the quivalizer is behind tight spot is on the adjustable arrow grippers. I did not feel the need for a change but tight spot does offer more adjustment with that one feature.

WKR
I have never had a loose bracket. Everything fits right and no rattles or movement at all. I keep the levers in their closed position when not in use and everything tightens up perfectly. I've killed animals with both configurations. Strong gusty winds were the only reason I took a shot in the traditional quiver position.

I wish the hood was deeper is my only request. Longer mechanical heads stick out the back a ways and leave blade exposed for careless fingers to find. I learned that lesson the hard way.

I'd also like a threaded bolt through the hood to add more weights at the end of the stab which would allow a person to fine tume its target bow feel even more.

As for 3d comps, I think it would move a person to open class as it extends beyond 12" from the riser. I shoot open though so I am not as familiar with bowhunter class rules.

Last edited:
Because if this thread, I purchased one and it improved my accuracy out of the box. Coming from no stabilizers on a Carbon element rkt

I’m thinking about trying one. I’ve always been a 2 piece quiver guy thou. I like how quiet two pieces are.
How is the quiverlizer on sound? I found tightspot to be louder than my Hoyt 2 piece.

WOOD5045

FNG
I’m thinking about trying one. I’ve always been a 2 piece quiver guy thou. I like how quiet two pieces are.
How is the quiverlizer on sound? I found tightspot to be louder than my Hoyt 2 piece.

No noise from mine except when I forget to tighten down the empty clamp.

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member

The carbon fiber rod actually helps dampen the vibration a bit. They are machined very tight and I have never had any noise, Very quiet indeed.

OP
doverpack12
Upgrade (cheaper price) to the molded hood with rubber insert like a tight spot. No comparison to the foam and metal hood version

Trial153

WKR
I would call Dan if you had an original version and want the updated hood. He might be able to help you out.