Quivalizer. Is it worth it

JLH208

WKR
12eb79eeedbe208045e7152f77ee9260.jpg

Used to think bows looked strange with it, now I think they look strange without it. It undoubtedly improved my shooting and I'm also a weight cutter with my gear. So this was a win. As far as wind goes, if it's too windy for this thing it's probably too windy anyways. If it really bothers me I'll pivot it so the arrows run perpendicular to the bow and cut the wind.

- Jesse

JLH208

WKR
Thought I'd also mention that yes, a lighter bow is more "jumpy" than a heavy bow, but if I'm using good form it's not an issue.

- Jesse

Trial153

WKR
I am liking mine more and more. I have my rig down to 6pounds with a full quiver. My long range groups are better then with my Stabilizer/ tight spot set up and I am 11 oz lighter.

RCA Dog

Lil-Rokslider
I have had one for about a year now, shooting through a 3d season, and a hunting season, and now into a target season. Last Feb. was the first time I ever picked up a bow, so keep that in mind. It's the only bow I have ever shot, aside from the ones I tried at the bow shop I got it from. Just to put it out there, not that it matters to this discussion, I am in the top three in my class at local 3d shoots, and I usually shoot 280-290 at our local league shoots, so I don't think I'm a terrible shot.

I bought a Quivalizer because when I was researching what kind of setup I was going to get, I read online that for a hunting bow, everyone needs a stabilizer, and everyone needs a quiver, among other things. So when I read about the Quivalizer, I was excited that you could get both, in one device, for less weight that two separate devices. I had to have it, because it only made sense. My rig is pretty light, it's a bare bones Carbon Air 32, and I was trying to keep it as light as possible.

So in using the Quivalizer through the seasons, I can say that except for in my back yard, I have never used it in the stabilizer position. It is always in the vertical position. I feel like the extra weight so far forward makes me grip the bow differently, and I end up adding some torque and\or heel to my grip. I have shot with it out to 70 yards in both positions, and I am more accurate with it in the vertical position. I could probably add a back bar to balance it out, but my whole point is to be as light as possible, so that is counter productive.

I can also say, that when hunting, I would never put it in the horizontal position. I hunted last season both in Northern Alberta, in what I would consider fairly open country, and on Northern Vancouver Island, in what I would consider very non open, steep country. It's hard enough with just a bow in your hand, but a bow with a Quivalizer (or any other stabilizer stuck out that far) it's damn near impossible to hike through the bush and not get hung up to the point where you start making a ridiculous amount of noise trying to go around things. So it stayed in vertical mode the whole season, in two provinces.

As far as target shooting goes, I am very much a 'train how you play' type of guy, but even so, I take it off most of the time. I have shot 290 with it on, and I have shot 290 with it off. It doesn't seem to make very much difference. I just put 3 arrows in the hammer pocket of my pants, lol.

The clamps do rattle if you don't tighten them when they are empty, and the hood (I have the original with the foam) is not deep enough for my broad heads to not stick out. I'm shooting 125 gn Strickland Helix. They stick out a good 1/4 inch, which is for sure enough to get cut, and can also cut clothing. I know this from experience, not just because they stick out. The arrow gripper is pretty good, it grips my deep six XD shafts just fine. You might have a problem if you are shooting the super skinny shafts though.

Well I can say this for sure, the customer service at Option Archery is amazing. I just got off the phone with Dan and he was very patient with me. He was EXTREMELY knowledgable regarding the new Option 6s sights and with all of that, I ordered the Quivalizer (new for 2018) based on my experience. Dan really knows what he is talking about, creating a lot of confidence that this Quivalizer contraption should work as advertised. I hope to have one to replace my Tightspot here in a few weeks.

WKR
I have had one for about a year now, shooting through a 3d season, and a hunting season, and now into a target season. Last Feb. was the first time I ever picked up a bow, so keep that in mind. It's the only bow I have ever shot, aside from the ones I tried at the bow shop I got it from. Just to put it out there, not that it matters to this discussion, I am in the top three in my class at local 3d shoots, and I usually shoot 280-290 at our local league shoots, so I don't think I'm a terrible shot.

I bought a Quivalizer because when I was researching what kind of setup I was going to get, I read online that for a hunting bow, everyone needs a stabilizer, and everyone needs a quiver, among other things. So when I read about the Quivalizer, I was excited that you could get both, in one device, for less weight that two separate devices. I had to have it, because it only made sense. My rig is pretty light, it's a bare bones Carbon Air 32, and I was trying to keep it as light as possible.

So in using the Quivalizer through the seasons, I can say that except for in my back yard, I have never used it in the stabilizer position. It is always in the vertical position. I feel like the extra weight so far forward makes me grip the bow differently, and I end up adding some torque and\or heel to my grip. I have shot with it out to 70 yards in both positions, and I am more accurate with it in the vertical position. I could probably add a back bar to balance it out, but my whole point is to be as light as possible, so that is counter productive.

I can also say, that when hunting, I would never put it in the horizontal position. I hunted last season both in Northern Alberta, in what I would consider fairly open country, and on Northern Vancouver Island, in what I would consider very non open, steep country. It's hard enough with just a bow in your hand, but a bow with a Quivalizer (or any other stabilizer stuck out that far) it's damn near impossible to hike through the bush and not get hung up to the point where you start making a ridiculous amount of noise trying to go around things. So it stayed in vertical mode the whole season, in two provinces.

As far as target shooting goes, I am very much a 'train how you play' type of guy, but even so, I take it off most of the time. I have shot 290 with it on, and I have shot 290 with it off. It doesn't seem to make very much difference. I just put 3 arrows in the hammer pocket of my pants, lol.

The clamps do rattle if you don't tighten them when they are empty, and the hood (I have the original with the foam) is not deep enough for my broad heads to not stick out. I'm shooting 125 gn Strickland Helix. They stick out a good 1/4 inch, which is for sure enough to get cut, and can also cut clothing. I know this from experience, not just because they stick out. The arrow gripper is pretty good, it grips my deep six XD shafts just fine. You might have a problem if you are shooting the super skinny shafts though.
If you're never going to put it in the stabilizer positiin, then just get a traditional quiver.

Broz

WKR
Reviving an old thread as it came up in my search. I have been using the quivilizer for the past two seasons and I have it on the 3rd bow now. In fact I have the older model and the new model quililizers. As I get better with my bow at increased distances, I notices something this week while practicing with my new bow. (BowTech Realm X) I shoot tighter groups with the quivelizer off or in the vertical position. This is not due to wind on it. It just seems I get a lot more pin oscillation with the quivilizer out front. The oscillation is noticeably less with it off or vertical. Since this is opposite of the intent of the quivilizer out front, I assume I have a form or other issue. Before I give up I would welcome some advice from more knowledgeable shooter. Thanks for any help.

Jeff

Trial153

WKR
Reviving an old thread as it came up in my search. I have been using the quivilizer for the past two seasons and I have it on the 3rd bow now. In fact I have the older model and the new model quililizers. As I get better with my bow at increased distances, I notices something this week while practicing with my new bow. (BowTech Realm X) I shoot tighter groups with the quivelizer off or in the vertical position. This is not due to wind on it. It just seems I get a lot more pin oscillation with the quivilizer out front. The oscillation is noticeably less with it off or vertical. Since this is opposite of the intent of the quivilizer out front, I assume I have a form or other issue. Before I give up I would welcome some advice from more knowledgeable shooter. Thanks for any help.

Jeff
Jeff, on the new quiverlizer at least there is an adjustment that you can slide the bar back bringing the quiver closer to the front on the bow and at the same time putting more weight in the back.
Its common with a vertical side bar to have to adjust the front to back ratio.

Broz

WKR
Jeff, on the new quiverlizer at least there is an adjustment that you can slide the bar back bringing the quiver closer to the front on the bow and at the same time putting more weight in the back.
Its common with a vertical side bar to have to adjust the front to back ratio.

Great point. I was just on the phone with a trusted archer and he too felt I need to work with balance so I am not applying muscle to influence aim point and level. Thanks! I am going to work with this.

Jeff

Moose2367

Lil-Rokslider
Small thread dig.

Having never seen one in the flesh, is it possible to have the arrows on the right hand side when it's in the stabilizer position. Doesn't look to be possible as it will be wrong when mounted traditionally.

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
Small thread dig.

Having never seen one in the flesh, is it possible to have the arrows on the right hand side when it's in the stabilizer position. Doesn't look to be possible as it will be wrong when mounted traditionally.

You mount on either side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Morrid7

FNG
I bought one about 6 weeks ago and love it. I also bought a 4 inch stab extension to accommodate my long arrows. Yes, it makes for a very long stabilizer, but my nocked arrow still extends farther, which I have to consider anyway when I’m setting up on an elk. I too talked to Dan before purchasing. He is very accessible and knowledgeable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mmcan

WKR
Cannot imagine holding steady with this on a windy ass day. It looks like it would act like a sail. Also, in tight quarters, I can't see how it won't get in the way and hit something at some point. So then you take it off, and wish you had a stab instead. Also, does anyone find it awkward that the arrows are on the left side of a right handed bow? It's minor, of course. Its just that much more movement you have to do to get ready for your shot. Am I wrong?
Sticking with my Tight Spot and stab.

Trial153

WKR
If anything it's as good or better in the wind then most hunting setup. First of all the fleching are about the in same location as regular quiver, so thats a wash. The added length out front slows your pin float way more the most hunting length stabilizers. Secondly the arrow postion and weight acts as an offset and adds weight and balance the same as counter slide.

As for getting hung up and going through brush ect .. it's nowhere near the of a nocked arrow. So if anything that will get hung up and in the way before the quiver. When your packing the bow its upright so you losing a stablizer sticking out off the sid .

Like everything it's not for everyone. For the guy that thinks his stubby stabilizer 6 or 8 inches out front is helping him and enough, he will probably pass this by. For tree stand guys and stump sitters I think this is of limited appeal as well. For guys who mostly hunt from trucks and basecamps... I can see them taking it or leaving it.
But if your packing in or flying in and pound makes a difference then I can see where you can save a pound and still shoot lights out.

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
Looks like an interesting idea. As I have looked at this I’ve noticed all the slow motion videos Dan posts, at the shot all the arrows that are still in the Quivilizer are flopping all over the place. How could that help accuracy or cut down noise?

Trial153

WKR
Looks like an interesting idea. As I have looked at this I’ve noticed all the slow motion videos Dan posts, at the shot all the arrows that are still in the Quivilizer are flopping all over the place. How could that help accuracy or cut down noise?
Do they flop around anymore or less then any other bow mounted quiver?

Last edited: