sunglasses for archery

colobow

Lil-Rokslider
I was in a car accident a couple years ago and am still having light sensitivity issues. Basically being out all day w/o sunglasses gives me headaches.

I'd like to get a pair of sunglasses with orange/amber lense that I can hunt in, ie shoot my bow unobstructed.

I imagine a frame-less pair might be the best, any recommendations?

Thanks
Mike

I can't see through my peep unless I'm wearing the visor type glasses that are just a continuous lense with no divide in the middle.

KHNC

WKR
look at the Skeleton optics line. Use the code KHSKELETON10 for a 10% discount if you decide on a pair. Scout series is probably what you are looking for. ZEISS lens and top notch veteran owned business. Skeleton Optics

The Skeleton original line has the original Scout. With discount ,it will put you at 166 total.

NHRedleg

Lil-Rokslider
I wear prescription glasses to shoot my bow all the time. I seem to be able to shoot with anything from simple wire rimmed glasses to my Army issue ESS Crossbow w/ RX insert to Army issue Revision Saw Fly w/ RX insert to my RX lens Oakley Crosslink. I am also in a mix of lined and no-line (progressive) bifocals. I might be a lucky one though that doesn't have issues with glasses as I know there are a lot of folks that do. Good Luck

Idk, they just do. drives me crazy as I like to wear sunglasses. String just hits the bottom of the lense. My anchor point must drive it. However I have shot that way for 35 years. Don't see it changing. Sunglasses/glasses are just a minor inconvenience.

BCBowtech

Lil-Rokslider
I have very light sensitive eyes and I never leave home without one of 4 pairs of Oakleys I own... 3 with polarized lenses and my newest set has the new Prizm lenses which so far are superior for shooting with my bow!

OP
C

colobow

Lil-Rokslider
which oakleys do you use? EVZero™ Path PRIZM look good for shooting with no frames or middle to them

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Ya, with my blue eyes and "former blonde hair":( my eyes are pretty sensitive to the bright sun. My favorite Smith sunglasses fell off my face while fishing last week and landed square on the rocks and broke both lenses.

If you can't find what you're looking for, I have a pair of Smith Maverick Dark Ale frame and copper lens glasses that I never wear I'll sell for $90. Retail was $200. I never wore them much at all because I preferred the darker gray lenses in the ones that broke.

Just like these here. Smith Maverick Polarized Sunglasses - at Moosejaw.com

Last edited:
OP
C

colobow

Lil-Rokslider
while archery hunting is anyone worried about animals being alerted because of glare from sunglasses at close range or you just take them off when the last 80yds of the stalk?

Gumbo

WKR
I wear prescription sunglasses all the time to hunt and shoot, except at first and last light of course. I've been wearing Raybans for the last 15 years or so, the only bummer is they seem to fog up at the most inconvenient of times. I have never had an animal bust me and thought "damn, it must have been the sunglasses". Nor do they cause any interference with my shots, except when they fog up.

kcm2

WKR
I use the Ryder Fyre, which is a large lens, photochromic sunglass. Not cheap, but I'm impressed with them. I've also used the Oakley Flak Jacket, which are so far the easiest ones to shoot with.

Last edited:
Very happy with the Spy Happy Lenses. Not very dark, but with a brimmed hat they keep the glare off, don't disrupt much color and polarized takes the glare off.

Trial153

WKR
I just use one of my pairs of sunglasses that use for fly fishing, I have a couple pairs of costa and also a pair of native

GotDraw?

WKR
I have light sensitive eyes and wear prescription glasses. For archery, I needed a set of frames with a very narrow bridge because my eyes are fairly close together and my anchor point has me looking right past the bridge of my nose.

I found Nike's 7071/2 frames to be perfect, semi-rimless w/monofilament rim and a narrow 14mm nose bridge.

Just over $100 from a discounter. I had a set of polarized prescription lenses made with dark amber tint and love them.

Here's a discounter that sells the frame: NIKE 7071-2 Eyeglasses

Here's a photo of the frames:
Nike 7071 2 071 Frames.jpg

hope this helps.

JL

Last edited: