Adhesive/Glue remover (Fletching)

D_Eightch

WKR
I am starting to accumulate more messed up arrows than arrows fit for flight.

Wondering what some of you do to re-fletch your arrows and get the old adhesive off.

I don't use arrow wraps, just glue straight to shaft.

Dameon

WKR
I use the Bohning arrow stripper tool. It works well enough and I don't have to use one of my good knives to scrape glue off arrows.

garrete

FNG
I didn't care much for any of the arrow stripping tools I have used. I usually use a really sharp knife and a bit of care to remove the glue and bad fletchings.

I then hit the area receiving the fletchings with some isopropyl prior to fletching

I also have an old pickle jar full of acetone that I will occasionally use to soak an arrow with stubborn glue. I don't think acetone is good for arrows so I don't leave them for long. (Don't forget to pull your nocks)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use the hooked carpet utility knife blades (better if a little used). Then I use Scotch-Brite and isopropyl alcohol to finish removing any glue residue. Nocks removed prior to procedure.

shadow

FNG
Utility knife, or a dull blade. Then use steel wool to clean it up afterwards. When you get tired of scraping glue off shafts, just start using wraps and you just peel the wraps and fletchings off super easy, and throw on a new wrap and new fletching. :cool:

garrete

FNG
Utility knife, or a dull blade. Then use steel wool to clean it up afterwards. When you get tired of scraping glue off shafts, just start using wraps and you just peel the wraps and fletchings off super easy, and throw on a new wrap and new fletching. :cool:

What happens when you only need to replace one fletching?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shadow

FNG
You got me. I spend .50 cents more and another minute to put a new wrap and all new fletchings on. However, since I have started using wraps, I've had less glue adhesion issues. Besides cutting fletchings while sighting in broadheads, I really only replace them when I want to anymore.