Draw weight help pleasse.

So i have a 70# pound Hoyt but it's only pulling 65 and the limb bolts are all the way in. I'm trying to get as much speed and kinetic energy out of it as possible. And it's pretty much tuned is there a weigh to get draw weight up with out just twisting up the y cable. Cuz I'm not wanting to make my draw length longer.

MT_Wyatt

WKR
I think the only thing you could do is twist the cable if you limbs are maxed. My helim used to be the same way. I squeezed a couple/three pounds more from 65 when I had the cables worked on. Your draw length shouldn't be changing much with cable twist, and you'll tweak your tune a bit, but getting the bow back in specs shouldn't be drastically changing things if your center shot is already dialed. I think twisting and untwisting your string will have a much more pronounced impact on draw length.

Since your limbs sound maxed out, are your brace height and axle to axle lengths to factory spec? If not I'd start by getting them there to make sure your draw length stays close to what you ordered, and so you can squeeze more out of the bow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GotDraw?

WKR
Beware the Tempest in the Teapot this close to prime time.

If your bow is shooting well for you... and tearing clean paper holes, then going after the cables (might be you only option) as you point out, may be more effort than it's worth.

I'd suggest you take a hot minute, go on-line and check an archery calculator. Input your Bow's IBO speed, total arrow weight, extra string weight (ic kisser button) and your draw length and see just how little an extra 5 lbs of draw weight gets you with regard to speed and Momentum (kinetic energy being less important than momentum).

An elk will not know if your arrow was going 270fps or 276fps and it won't appreciably change your Momentum or flatten your trajectory.

Better to have extremely sharp broadheads and a bow that's tuned put 'em where you're looking.

I think you'll be shocked at how little on a % basis you'll actually gain from 5lbs of draw weight.

JL

desertcj

WKR
I think you should leave it alone for now. Check the axle to axle measurement and see if it is at factory spec. I bet it isn't. How's tend to stretch buss/yoke cables more than the others.

Brendan

WKR
Twisting the Buss cable is what you do to get poundage to spec. But - that throws off timing so you need to match with twists to the control cable to keep the cams in time. Twisting buss cable lengthens DL, twisting control shortens DL. But, I don't know if I've ever tested if it's 1-to-1 and cancel each other out...

If you want to get into it - you could be signing up for re-tuning everything...

OR Archer

WKR
How long has it been since you replaced your string/cables?

To regain that 5# you would have to put 6 twists into each cable then retime the cams. Timing should be close with twisting the cables equally but will need to be fine tuned.

SunShine

Lil-Rokslider
Check your specs to factory. I'm sure your strings have stretched or are a bit too long.

Put some twist into your buss cable to start with, then check your yoke for cam lean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk