BH 8-10" right @ 50yds......Can they be tuned?

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I am tuning my PSE Freak SP from scratch currently, as it developed a splinter in one limb. New limbs showed up yesterday, they were the only set they had on the shelf. Got them on last night and shot it. First thing I noticed was.......these were not 70lb limbs. Put it on the scale and it was almost 80lbs on a normally to the light side scale. Sweet! 80lbs at 32 1/2" draw.....now we're talking. However, everything was set up for my arrows at 289fps before, so for hunting season I want to keep it that way. So turned the bow down until they shot 289fps......73.4lbs. I never did put the bow on a scale with the other limbs, but this has to be close to what it was.

After eye-balling cam lean setup and doing some twisting and untwisting I shot it through paper and perfect bullet hole. Good start. Should be able to get BH's dialed in quickly later today.

dplantz

Lil-Rokslider
I WAS WRONG. At least with dual cam rh beyond 30 yards. I still know with my old single cam Bear I chased field tips successfully out to 30 yards. And that seemed to me it was working for my bowtech prodigy out to 30 yards. But I've come to find that tuned at 30 IS NOT TUNED. That prodigy is probably just so forgiving that it doesn't matter where the rest is at 30 yards. And I probably just had enough human error back then to think I was shooting the same spot with my broadheads. But now I can shoot sub 3 in groups at 60, and my broadheads that were within an inch of field points at 30 were 8 inches away at 60. One thing I did find, is that I couldn't correct the horizontal difference, no matter which direction I moved the rest horizontally, until I got the vertical correct. So I put the horizontal back to square, got the vertical corrected, and voila, horizontal was perfect, not needing any adjustments; like, slicing vanes off my field points perfect. I also found that a pretty substantial vertical movement was needed to make a noticeable difference. I wasn't getting any change going toward field points (trying it my old way first). So then I figured I'd try going toward the broadheads. After a decent bit of what I thought were reasonable moves (1/16th at a wack, couple three times), I still wasn't seeing much change, and was starting to worry. But I made a solid 1/8 in plus move, and it was suddenly perfect. So, at least with dual cams, chase the broadheads vertically, and I'll assume if my horizontal would have been off, probably would have needed to chase the broadhead there, too.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Peerless

FNG
I hope nobody gets upset with this "bump" but I have researched a lot of different sites, videos, and forum and THIS thread has helped me immensely.

If anyone needs help broadhead tuning, this thread will solve your issues!