Refletching 5mm fmjs question

Tejasbow

FNG
Being that the 5mm is a small diameter arrow is there a particular jig I should use installing new blazer veins?

Also this is probably a loaded question but what is the beat glue? The stuff I had prior was not great.

go4thegusto

WKR
Classified Approved
I use a JoJan with helical jig for my FMJ Axis arrows. Works great. just Platinum Bohning for me on wraps but I shoot feathers. Plastic vane glue I can't comment on. Does help to buff arrows or wraps and vane with steel wool and maybe some alcohol. Wraps seem to have some slick surface to them that do not adhere over time.

Arizona ez fletch and either Loctite gel ( make sure it says impact resistant) or Gorilla glue gel . Clean shaft and fletch seat with acetone before you fletch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shadow

FNG
I'm sure others do it just fine and people have been gluing fletching to aluminum arrows forever, but my experience with FMJ's, I had much better luck getting vanes to stick to a wrap than just the aluminum. I cleaned with acetone and everything. I think I was using Goat Tuff at that time.

jmez

WKR
I use Saunders NPV on my FMJ's and it works well. I've never had a problem with vane adhesion. I wipe the shaft with alcohol and don't clean the vanes with anything.

I also use the 5mm and fletch mine in a Bitzenberger. You can get a pretty good helical on them if you play with the clamp and vane position in the clamp.

Whisky

WKR
Yup, I also started using a wrap. Big improvement.

I also tried the AZ EZ Fletch, and have better luck with the Bitz. But my shafts are the 4mm FMJ Injexions.

I use Gorilla and Loctite gel.

I'm sure others do it just fine and people have been gluing fletching to aluminum arrows forever, but my experience with FMJ's, I had much better luck getting vanes to stick to a wrap than just the aluminum. I cleaned with acetone and everything. I think I was using Goat Tuff at that time.

This is the bomb... I have never use wraps, but dang I refletched some this weekend and used wraps. Holy smoke that was Easy, with a capital E.

I have a bitzenburger btw....