Which Broadhead: QAD Exodus or Strickland Helix?

Ag111

Lil-Rokslider
Going elk hunting next week. Been doing a lot of shooting and both broadheads fly great. I have a lot of confidence in both.

Which should I hunt with and why?

ChrisC

Lil-Rokslider
anything over 35 yards and the exodus just took off on me. glad to hear you are having better luck with them than I.

OP
Ag111

Ag111

Lil-Rokslider
anything over 35 yards and the exodus just took off on me. glad to hear you are having better luck with them than I.

I know the problem you are referring to and I can relate. usually a very small rest adjustment is all that is needed to get em flying with the field points.

DFB

FNG
I've had great results from the QAD. Make sure you're shooting full blades or check your states regs. Some states consider the swept blades as barbed.

ChrisC

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks, good to know. I'll have to look into it after i go through my Rage BHs.

OP
Ag111

Ag111

Lil-Rokslider
I know the problem you are referring to and I can relate. usually a very small rest adjustment is all that is needed to get em flying with the field points.

I'm in Colorado so swept blades are fine.

I am very pleased with the exodus. Have them flying beautifully out to 80 yards. Only shot one animal with them last year, mature whitetail does, performed perfectly. I have no experience with the helix.

BradNSW

FNG
QAD Exodus flew best for me (tried 3 different ones and they won). They also seem to be pretty indestructible.

Idaho requires fixed blades.

In CA, I use expandables, as they don't get as squirrely after 50yds in the wind.

Jay03

WKR
I have taken two elk with the QAD, they fly really good for me out to 60 and that's as far as I would shoot at game with my bow. Both pass throughs and both heads were in perfect shape and still really sharp after they were cleaned off. Both elk dead within 50 yards and only minutes or less after the shot. Both are still in my quiver waiting on their second chance to take an elk. I don't bother trying anything else because they have worked out so well for me.

I used to shoot exodus and they flew ok but them I switched to helix and they fly great out to at 70 yards.if you do get helix I would suggest picking up there sharpener also.the only downside is a 2 blade tends to have a weaker blood trail.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk