Bow hook/hanger for backpack?

Does anyone know of a bow hook/hanger that will attach to a Kifaru waist belt? I want something to that will allow me to get a drink, check gps, glass, etc. without having to prop my bow against something or lay it on the ground.

I took the hinged clip out of a cheap carabiner and ran it through a piece of webbing for my pack.

I can just set the d-loop on the carabiner hook to do the things you mentioned.

danarnold

WKR
Does anyone know of a bow hook/hanger that will attach to a Kifaru waist belt? I want something to that will allow me to get a drink, check gps, glass, etc. without having to prop my bow against something or lay it on the ground.
too bad they all dont have the 50 cent clip found on Sitka packs...

blackdawg

WKR
Third hand archery has a product that is a bow holder, I haven't thought of this and if I can locate will try it on my duplex and see if it works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you guys using the gun bearer the same as with a rifle? Or are you positioning it differently?

OP
C
Anyone have a picture of a bow on a gun bearer? I've got a gun bearer but my arrows are always in the way.

FlyGuy

WKR
Yup works perfect for this and you can even walk safely with it and two hands free from the bow.

I couldn't get this to work for me? Love it for my rifle, but not the bow. Are you running it without a quiver attached? Any pictures?

Kifaru should develop a compound bow specific version, they'd sell a ton of them.

Trial153

WKR
I attached the plastic Sitka hook to my pack belts. it's simple and light weight. I wish I bought a couple more while they still sold them.
ran a bowsnatcher last year and can't say I liked it much.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

OP
C
I attached the plastic Sitka hook to my pack belts. it's simple and light weight. I wish I bought a couple more while they still sold them.
ran a bowsnatcher last year and can't say I liked it much.

How did you attach the Sitka hook?

dotman

WKR
I couldn't get this to work for me? Love it for my rifle, but not the bow. Are you running it without a quiver attached? Any pictures?

Kifaru should develop a compound bow specific version, they'd sell a ton of them.

I have a quiver attached, have it on the outside so as to not to interfere with my body. No pics but it worked really well for me. There was a few threads on it and someone posted up pics but with the photobucket issue pics are probably gone.

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Here is how I do mine.
NyE3lS2.jpg

uJHzpxH.jpg

Then I run a strap around my waist belt that hooks to the handle of my bow so the weight of the bow is not hanging off the string but on the bow handle.

You can pm me for photos with an email or text # to send to. Ive used the GB for carrying the bow for many years. Always with a bow quiver, and use hiking sticks most of the time too. Same as a gun in application. Loop attached to the riser on my Prime Rival as it is long at 35" A to A.

Last edited:

Trial153

WKR
Here is what I put on my MR Pintler. it weights less than an ounce.
66590bb4bf521917f3d98e5ffba12c99.jpg