Bow hook/hanger for backpack?

FlyGuy

WKR
This is the one I use. Love it. Works great to just hang my bow on to have hands free for a second to glass. Fits on my kifaru belt strap. Can hang by the string or the riser.

de26fee638403d25b5e059db5613d496.jpg

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

Trial153

WKR
This is the one I use. Love it. Works great to just hang my bow on to have hands free for a second to glass. Fits on my kifaru belt strap. Can hang by the string or the riser.

de26fee638403d25b5e059db5613d496.jpg

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

Ordered a couple. This will work just like the Sitka Gear hook. Now I can have on on each pack without having to change them out. Thanks

Read1t48

WKR
I use my kifaru gun bearer al the time for my bow. Very secure. Quick access. Never had any issues. No real adjustments needed to switch back to rifle except for height.

FlyGuy

WKR
I use my kifaru gun bearer al the time for my bow. Very secure. Quick access. Never had any issues. No real adjustments needed to switch back to rifle except for height.
I think I have trouble due to the bow I'm shooting - Mathews halon (LY model). The limbs come back really flat off the riser and it just doesn't sit in the (butt stock) pocket securely at all. Might play around with fabricating a better fitting pouch for that lower limb/cam wheel. I would love to have this working for my upcoming elk hunt. The only downside to that bow is that it is HEAVY. It is no fun to pack around the mtn all day in hand. I love the GB for my rifle. Would be great to still have fresh arms and shoulders after 5-6 miles of hiking around!

19 days and still soooo much left to do!

If I don't get time to fab this, I "think" I have an alternative solution. Running a Kifaru reckoning with a grab it and accessory compression strap on the top strap. In day hunt mode (fairly collapsed) with the bottom cam in the grab-it, I can reach back and unbuckle the compression strap to retrieve my bow with my pack on; however I do have to remove my pack to put the bow back on.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

dotman

WKR
I think I have trouble due to the bow I'm shooting - Mathews halon (LY model). The limbs come back really flat off the riser and it just doesn't sit in the (butt stock) pocket securely at all. Might play around with fabricating a better fitting pouch for that lower limb/cam wheel. I would love to have this working for my upcoming elk hunt. The only downside to that bow is that it is HEAVY. It is no fun to pack around the mtn all day in hand. I love the GB for my rifle. Would be great to still have fresh arms and shoulders after 5-6 miles of hiking around!

19 days and still soooo much left to do!

If I don't get time to fab this, I "think" I have an alternative solution. Running a Kifaru reckoning with a grab it and accessory compression strap on the top strap. In day hunt mode (fairly collapsed) with the bottom cam in the grab-it, I can reach back and unbuckle the compression strap to retrieve my bow with my pack on; however I do have to remove my pack to put the bow back on.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

You could always just try to use a med or large pocket to hold your cam and only use the top strap of the GB.

N2TRKYS

WKR
What's the problem with putting your bow on the ground while getting a drink or messing with a gps?

N2TRKYS

WKR
There isn't, it's a better method, less movement. If ya don't like it, don't do it. Seems simple enough to me.

Actually, I was just asking in case I was missing something that I hadn't thought of. Had nothing to do with liking it or not liking it.
. Thanks.

blackdawg

WKR
I found mine from third hand archery, it fits my duplex belt, have only used it target shooting, but I think it probably should have been put on pack a while back IMG_1728.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MattB

WKR
What's the problem with putting your bow on the ground while getting a drink or messing with a gps?

You don't get to research and buy unnecessary gear on the internet. 😁

Last edited: