Kudu broadheads

Manny

FNG
Has anyone used the Kudu broadheads before...Curious what other people's thoughts or experiences are with these?

Thanks in advance!

bcopley1116

Lil-Rokslider
I am using them this season. I have not hunted with them yet, but so far they fly just like my field points. I originally had the 125g kudu's but could not get them to hit. I switched to 100g and they fly like darts out to 60 yards( that's as far as I have to practice). I can't wait to put them to use.

OP
M

Manny

FNG
Awesome. I'm using them this year for the first time also and have had pretty damn good arrow flight so far! Good luck and let me know what kinda damage they do!

cooperjd

WKR
i used strickland helix in '15 in south africa. similar, but the 125gr helix has an aluminum ferrule and is not all steel like the kudu's. they flew great for me, and dropped my impala in sight, and zipped through the offside shoulder of a blue wildebeest. they were very impressive heads, and i looked the blade thickness. they did need some help to get them as sharp as i wanted, and took some stropping to get them nice and shiny sharp... hard to get the single bevels as sharp as i like just due to blade angles...
Bowhunting South Africa Blue Wildebeest, with a bowtech, with wild wildebeest safaris - YouTube
Bowhunting South Africa impala with a bowtech - YouTube

you should like them. although this year i switched over to iron will outfitters heads.

HookUp

WKR
Ryan Lampers has been using kudu heads and has already arrowed a beatuful Nevada buck this year. He took a a couple bulls and deer with them last year as well. Sounds like he is running 250 grains up front on a rampage shaft.

Check out his instagram Ryan Lampers (@sthealthyhunter) • Instagram photos and videos

I have shot some and they spiral into your target noticeably. Not planning on hunting with them but may consider it at some point, my slick trick vipers are shooting to well.

Last edited:

Hunter6

WKR
I started useing them this year. Got them flying with field points to 60 very easy. I also kill a cow elk with one this year on an early hunt. It went down with in about 150 yards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk