Whisker biscuit more accurate than drop away rest?

Hello,
So my first bow came with a whisker biscuit and 70 lb limbs and I read the accuracy and speed might be better with a drop away. So I get a second bow for target shooting, drop to 60lbs limbs since Ill be shooting a lot more arrows (field archery) and slap on a QAD drop away. After tuning , I'm consistently shooting the whisker biscuit bow much more accurately and with greater speed (same arrows). The first bow is IBO at 314 or something like that and the second is IBO at 345. Shouldn't I be getting more speed and accuracy? I'm getting neither.
My search results Best Arrow Rest Reviews 2017 – Whisker Biscuit vs Drop Away
Thanks all!

The draw weight can greatly affect speed but that is obvious. If your not tuned well this can affect speed as well but the difference is mainly seen down range.

If I remember a whisker biscuit only scrubs like 10 fps or less and accuracy is isn't dependent on the rest alone

KMT

WKR
I have two bows. One with a WB and the other with a drop away. They both shoot the same for me. So, I'm either so bad that it doesn't matter???

elkdog

Lil-Rokslider
I have a drop away on my Switchback XT and a WB on my Bowtech Icon pro and from 30 yards in they shoot the same. At 40 and beyond the drop away holds a tighter group. Just my experience with both.

SunShine

Lil-Rokslider
Whisper biscuit on its best day is never as accurate as a drop way.

Case in point ? Simple, name 1 shooter winning high end shoots with a biscuits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think a drop away may be a little more accurate at longer distances but I am a hunter and I want to keep it simple so I shoot a whisker biscuit.

Btaylor

WKR
To the OP, you didn't mention what the arrow setup is just that you are shooting the same arrow. I suspect that has a fair amount to do with the accuracy issues. I am not the resident expert by any means but I have never had two entirely different bows with different rest and 10# difference in draw weight that would shoot the same arrow with he same speed and accuracy.

WKR
There are always outliers. What do the vast majority of target and 3d archers shoot? Does that make it the best choice for hunting?

Faulty logic IMO.

SunShine

Lil-Rokslider
They don't win them with drop aways either

They certainly have a much better chance than a biscuit!

Yeah a lizard tongue launcher probably wins as much as anything I'd guess ?

SunShine

Lil-Rokslider
There are always outliers. What do the vast majority of target and 3d archers shoot? Does that make it the best choice for hunting?

Faulty logic IMO.

Not faulty logic at all.

Here is the no fault logic to why NOT to use a biscuit.

The arrow on a biscuit requires you to have a tighter full form after the shot because of the full encasement of the arrow by the biscuits bristles.

This is why tourney shooters don't use them.

Oh so you're a hunter and that doesn't matter ? It matters MORE ! In hunting you get 1 chance. You got pressure to "make the shot". Why handicap yourself ? Watch the pros. They make it as ez on themselves to be shot makers as they can, hence, biscuit is out.

Am I saying a biscuit won't work ? No ! I'm saying you need better follow thru form when shooting them and hunting puts many twists and turns on us when shot making. Why make it more difficult?

Why make it more difficult?

Isn't this why most of us bowhunt?

And, I think you missed the point that it's more difficult to kill an animal with a broken dropaway than a functioning whisker biscuit. I've shot drop aways for years and don't intend to change, but there is zero doubt that a drop away has more potential problems (moving parts, cords, etc) than a WB.

Shoot what makes you happy.

Kilboars

WKR
I took the WB off my 3 bows and put 3 of the best but different drop aways on the others and I still shoot the same but i've had to put padding all around my riser and sites because my arrows are no longer captured.
I'll be going back to a WB soon.

FreeRange

WKR
Only one reason why I got away from the WB and that's the possibility of having issues if it gets damp in freezing cold temps and freezing solid. I'd never thought of that issue til one day a cold rain turned to snow and I got a sick feeling when I realized if I shot i'd be putting my fletchings through a whisker biscuit popsicle possibly. Maybe this is a baseless fear but it makes sense to me.

SunShine

Lil-Rokslider
Isn't this why most of us bowhunt?

And, I think you missed the point that it's more difficult to kill an animal with a broken dropaway than a functioning whisker biscuit. I've shot drop aways for years and don't intend to change, but there is zero doubt that a drop away has more potential problems (moving parts, cords, etc) than a WB.

Shoot what makes you happy.

I think there are more possibilities of issues with a biscuit then say a solid QAD or a fixed TM Hunter rest.

We are talking bristles and hunting. Hunting conditions vary greatly hour by hour. Rain, freeze, mud, snow and a more difficult follow thru needed ?

I'll gladly take other alternative methods myself.

But like you said, make yourself happy.

BradNSW

FNG
My Bowtech Carbon Icon shot better with a whisker biscuit for some reason (maybe bad dropaway setup?). Always had a L/R spread. Tried everything in the off season. Used the whisker biscuit in 3D competitions and hung with the dropaway shooters. Loved it on my deer/elk hunts. Very simple. Chrono'd the speed difference and it was 6fps.

Just got a Bowtech Reign 7 and had the shop put on the dropaway and it's a tack driver!!! No way I'm gonna put the whisker biscuit on this bow. It'll stay on the Carbon Icon as a back up bow.

Bottom line. I think for hunting, both are great options. The whisker biscuit seems quieter on the draw and fully contains your arrow on a stalk. Both these can be overcome if you're careful. Unless your shooting over 50yds either will work great.

DDrifter

FNG
I don't know if its set up or what but I've seen a lot of QAD's not dropping quick enough and having clearance issues. All of them have went the way of the trash can.