Hoyt Carbon Element limbs splintering?

ORHunter

WKR
I just noticed this splinter this weekend when I was hunting. Is it still safe to use for the season? I leave for a New Mexico hunt in 2 weeks and don't want to mess with anything. Anybody have any experience with this?
5941194ca8199dde4fde45b9b8bb2ea2.jpg
3dfe7b1e4856aa2467881097a9793d4a.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

jmez

WKR
Yes, still safe to shoot. Pretty common on Hoyt limbs. Some clip them off with a fingernail clipper, sand them down and then put clear nail polish on them. I just snap them off and don't mess with the other stuff.

OP
ORHunter

ORHunter

WKR
Yes, still safe to shoot. Pretty common on Hoyt limbs. Some clip them off with a fingernail clipper, sand them down and then put clear nail polish on them. I just snap them off and don't mess with the other stuff.
Thanks for the response.

4ester

WKR
I've had this happen on my element. They told me to clip and off and sand it off. It happened multiple times and Hoyt ended up replacing the limbs ( I still had to pay labor). Seems to happen more on hot days.

Follow me on Instagram @ high_mountain_hunter

Same thing happened on my Spyder this year. Contacted Hoyt and they sent new limbs to my local dealer who put them on.

You'd think a bow designed to dry fire 1500 times wouldn't do this. Doesn't mean I'll switch anytime soon though.

OP
ORHunter

ORHunter

WKR
Same thing happened on my Spyder this year. Contacted Hoyt and they sent new limbs to my local dealer who put them on.

You'd think a bow designed to dry fire 1500 times wouldn't do this. Doesn't mean I'll switch anytime soon though.
Haha I told my buddy maybe if Hoyt wasn't dry firing my bow and driving over it there wouldn't be any limb issues.

Trial153

WKR
Seen that numerous times on Hoyt's, nip it off and hit with fine sand paper and forget it.

xcutter

WKR
I've had this happen on every Hoyt I've owned since 2009. Pretty common. Only had one set that really needed replaced. Hoyt replaced them no questions asked. Cut the splinter off with a knife or finger nail clippers and keep hunting. It's still safe to shoot. Good luck with your hunt!

shadow

FNG
^ what he said. Noticed my element did the same thing a couple weeks ago. Just clipped them off with a utility knife and still shooting them. No issues here.

OP
ORHunter

ORHunter

WKR
Thanks for all of the responses. I will clip it off and sand it down this week

MattB

WKR
Ditto on the clip and sand - had it happen a few times and never an issue after the fact.