Losing arrows busting through deadfall

ElkElkGoose

Lil-Rokslider
I'm more of a rifle guy but have dusted off the bow and got more into it again. First weekend out I lost almost all my arrows on the hike in busting through some heavy deadfall on steep slopes. Went to the store today looking for a quiver that surely exists that locks the arrows in but didn't seem to be one.

Solutions?

FlyGuy

WKR
Carry your bow in your hand. I only strap it to my pack before daylight/after dark.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

BigDog00

WKR
I feel your pain...I lost one this weekend. I know where I lost it, just didn't feel like hiking back down to get it. Thankfully it wasn't a full quiver full.

My Tite Spot holds them pretty firm and I shoot them skinny arrows too, which a lot of quivers don't hold real well.

• Banned
OP
E

ElkElkGoose

Lil-Rokslider
Carrying in my hand is out. I'm either bracing myself with poles to keep from tipping down the mountain or catching myself with trees from the steepness. This is all while stepping over a life sized game of pick up sticks made of logs.

• Banned
OP
E

ElkElkGoose

Lil-Rokslider
I'm thinking I may need something that actually locks them in, branches are continuously being caught on my pack and pulling on things. When I got home and pulled my pack out of the truck an 8 inch stick an inch thick fell out :rolleyes:

jmez

WKR
Tightspot. You can adjust the amount of tension holding the arrow in place with an allen screw.

FlyGuy

WKR
Carrying in my hand is out. I'm either bracing myself with poles to keep from tipping down the mountain or catching myself with trees from the steepness. This is all while stepping over a life sized game of pick up sticks made of logs.
HaHa! I hear you! Then tightspot is the only thing I know of. It has Allen screws to adjust the tension so you can crank down the pressure to keep them captured in the quiver. Maybe other quivers have that function as Well, but I don't know of any. Tightspot is the only one I've used. I also use the tiny GT kinetic Pierce arrows and it holds them well. Pricey, but sounds like you will easily make up for the expense by not leaving arrows around.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

I lost my quiver 3 times this year bow hunting by having it catch on brush. Pain in the but backtracking to find it. I used to lose an arrow here or there so I got a Velcro strap and put it around my arrows and quiver so they can't come out. Now the whole quiver comes off if it gets snagged so I got another strap and strapped the quiver to the quiver mount. I do this when hiking and have my bow attached to my pack.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Tightspot quiver. I hunt a lot of deadfall areas but I always have my bow in my hand. If you're going to strap your bow to your pack, maybe put your quiver in your pack and then transfer it back to the bow when you carry it.

The joys of elk hunting.

Attachments

• timber.jpg
    timber.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 49
I lost an arrow this weekend for the first time. I knew it had to be fairly close but didn't know exactly where. It was getting late and we were almost back to the truck so I chalked it up as a loss. The next day I did find a sweet arrowhead and that made up for the loss.

OP
E

ElkElkGoose

Lil-Rokslider
Tightspot quiver. I hunt a lot of deadfall areas but I always have my bow in my hand. If you're going to strap your bow to your pack, maybe put your quiver in your pack and then transfer it back to the bow when you carry it.

The joys of elk hunting.

Take that picture and turn it sideways and that would be spot on :D

I think the Velcro idea may be the ticket. I would turn it around but it's such an old, cheap, POS that my quiver sticks out 3 feet from the bow.

elkyinzer

WKR
Never been a problem with my tight spot/fmjs but I carry my bow. If the problem is that serious with your setup my first concern would be what damage am I doing to it other than losing arrows.

But, just a thought to try some of those night ize gear ties. They are pretty reliable and would add an extra layer of security.

Tight spot with each section tightened down well seems to work very well. I spend a good amount of time busting brush up here with my bow on my backpack, since using the tight spot missing arrows are no longer as common.

I lost my quiver 3 times this year bow hunting by having it catch on brush. Pain in the but backtracking to find it. I used to lose an arrow here or there so I got a Velcro strap and put it around my arrows and quiver so they can't come out. Now the whole quiver comes off if it gets snagged so I got another strap and strapped the quiver to the quiver mount. I do this when hiking and have my bow attached to my pack.

If you are going through all this trouble to not lose your quiver, I suggest you get yourself a new quiver. That shouldn't be happening. Best of luck.

Trial153

WKR
I pretty much run one or two different quivers. either ' a tight spot or a two peice riser mounted quiver like an elite ..ect.
i have never lost a single arrow having the bow mounted to my packs or carrying in my hand. brush, forests, mountains, desert, tundra and everything in between.
bottom line is your quiver is junk. get something better.