Broken Tommy Hogg Sight

bat-cave

WKR
Folks,

Curious if anyone else has had a similar issue. I was in the field yesterday and my son "whispers Dad stop" .. I turn around and he's holding the sight housing of my Tommy Hogg. I assumed it had somehow come loose, but then realized the bar that screws into the side of the housing was snapped off, flush with the sight housing ... hunt over. The bow/sight has not been dropped or banged hard. My only ideas are that it received some sideways stress when strapped to the side of my Kuiu Pack or got torqued while I was carrying it (in hand) through piles of nasty scrub oak. When it fell off I was just walking along through calf deep grass ... so whatever happened took place previously.

I have a message into Spot Hogg and will see what if anything they can do for me. Hoping to at least be able to just order a new housing (the broken rod is flush with the housing and I don't see anyway to get it out) and mounting rod. Given the beefiness of the sight, I'm a bit surprised ... curious if anyone else has had an issue like this?

I really like Spot Hogg sights, but questioning if the weight is worth it after this.

Thanks!

Sodbuster

WKR
I have been running Spot Hogg products for years without any durability issues.I have a Tommy on my main bow and my backup.
I am betting they take care of you.

IdahoBeav

WKR
Was it a single pin housing? That's what I have, and I can definitely see how this happens. It's just a 3/16" or so piece of allthread that holds the housing onto the connector rod.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Mine has come loose and moved so that it is no longer square, pisses me right off. I think I am going to just glue it in place (which I shouldn't have to do on a 300$ sight). I have to check it every time I get close to an animal just to make sure I haven't bumped it too bad while stalking. Irritating.

OP
bat-cave

bat-cave

WKR
Yes, mine is the Single (Double technically) Pin Housing. I called Spot Hogg and they were as helpful as they could be under the circumstances. They offered that I could ship my sight back and they would repair or replace it or I could order replacement parts and then ship back my sight later and work out a refund of some sort as appropriate. I would give them an A on customer service. I remain a bit disappointed that it broke at all. I'm just not sure it's worth what feels like 2x the weight of something like the MBG when it fails to deliver durability. A decision point after Whitetail season!