Arrow Spine and length

Bails-UK

FNG
Hi Guys,
Hope you can help, I've been shooting GT Hunter XT 5575 since I started archery 9yrs ago with 125grn heads, I shoot a Mathews Z7, 66lb draw weight with a 26 1/2" draw length, I've always cut my arrows 28" long, which has not been a problem. Now I want tune for broadheads I think I am way overspined. When i put on a VPA 125grn 3blade it was 12" from my field point, after adjusting, the closest i can get my broadheads to my field points is 6" and my HDX rest is nearly touching the riser. I have even tried 200grn VPA 3blade and 200grn field points which i got down to 3" apart, but could not get any closer and the broadhead was still 3" to the left of the field point, suggesting its still to stiff spined.

My Question is:- What spine and length should I be using to shoot 125grn and also what spine and length should I use to shoot 200grn from a 66lb draw weight at 26 1/2 draw length Mathews Z7

What are your arrow and bow specs, just so I have something to compare to.

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

PS I'm not hunting this year, this is all preparation for my trip to Colorado in 2018 #elkcamp

Last edited:

TJ

WKR
This is not what you asked but,

You may want to set your rest to recommended center shot and then yoke tune to bring your broadheads and field points together.

Last edited:
Centershot on most any bow should be level with the berger hole and about 3/4" from the riser, check this first, then nock height. Sometimes it can move for whatever reason.

After that, I agree with yoke tuning.

OP
B

Bails-UK

FNG
Thanks Guys, I'll look into it, I've never tried yoke adjustments before, so this is all new to me.