G5 Montec vs Pipeline (Bishop) Holy Trinity: Video Test

boom

WKR
one of the funnest things about forums such as these is hearing about products i would never find out about any other way.

i googled the HolyTrinity. whoa..that is the most confusing website ever..it is like screaming at me. like a website advertising sunday morning mudbogs.

broadheads look amazing tho.

OP
Bowhuntr64
one of the funnest things about forums such as these is hearing about products i would never find out about any other way.

i googled the HolyTrinity. whoa..that is the most confusing website ever..it is like screaming at me. like a website advertising sunday morning mudbogs.

broadheads look amazing tho.

Haha. You are right. And they know it. The owner and designer is a genius with design and production...but he knows he's terrible at web development. And since the company is so grass roots, then spend zero money on advertising and have no full time employees. They are just barely breaking even at this point. Such is the first year and a half of a new business. They can't afford a new web design at this point. I keep telling them they need to, but they are overwhelmed just keeping up with order and production while having their own careers.

Beendare

WKR
John....why don't you compare a Yugo to Lexus while you are at it- grin

i didn't see the vid but you are talking apples and oranges. The steel in those montecs is junk one of the worst i've seen in any BH...and i'm assuming the steel in the Bighop is far superior by looking at their pricing which is apprx 3X of other heads.

I see you are a dedicated fanboy of these guys but have you found the bishops to be brittle at all?
___
Really what it comes down to for me is whether I really need very high quality steel and high $$ in a BH for avg deer/Elk size game...so far after a couple hundred critters the answer is no. With the proper design and blade angles....decent steel performs just fine.

I would if doing a Water or cape buff hunt though.

Last edited:
John....why don't you compare a Yugo to Lexus while you are at it- grin

i didn't see the vid but you are talking apples and oranges. The steel in those montecs is junk one of the worst i've seen in any BH...and i'm assuming the steel in the Bighop is far superior by looking at their pricing which is apprx 3X of other heads.

I see you are a dedicated fanboy of these guys but have you found the bishops to be brittle at all?
___
Really what it comes down to for me is whether I really need very high quality steel and high $$ in a BH for avg deer/Elk size game...so far after a couple hundred critters the answer is no. With the proper design and blade angles....decent steel performs just fine.

I would if doing a Water or cape buff hunt though.

VPA's get the job done for me just fine, and aren't outrageously expensive by any means. This guy either owns or is best buddies with the bishop co, as every single forum he is touting them..."prostaff" maybe?

VPA's get the job done for me just fine, and aren't outrageously expensive by any means. This guy either owns or is best buddies with the bishop co, as every single forum he is touting them..."prostaff" maybe?
Before Bishops he was saying how great A-tacs are. He seems dedicated to using whatever is most expensive regardless of whether it's practical or not.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Beendare

WKR
I've talked to John off line and know he is a good dude. He wouldn't tout a product unless he thought it was good- at any price. I suppose I started this....it was supposed to be a joke.

NHRedleg

Lil-Rokslider
When I first saw this, before watching the video, I though this will be no contest; after watching I was like that Montec did better than I thought it would.

OP
Bowhuntr64
Before Bishops he was saying how great A-tacs are. He seems dedicated to using whatever is most expensive regardless of whether it's practical or not.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Haha. I do have a passion for the best. But actually this test was the lowest price model of the Bishops—their Pipeline series. The cost is about the same as the Montecs. The S7 Tool Steel in the top of the line Bishops would be no comparison at all. The Montecs did better than I thought they would, but that was just this one head. With MIM you’re never sure what you’re going to get; this was a good batch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha. I do have a passion for the best. But actually this test was the lowest price model of the Bishops—their Pipeline series. The cost is about the same as the Montecs. The S7 Tool Steel in the top of the line Bishops would be no comparison at all. The Montecs did better than I thought they would, but that was just this one head. With MIM you’re never sure what you’re going to get; this was a good batch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you tried the IronWill heads by chance? I can't afford them for chasing whitetails, but am very intrigued

There is a recent broadhead test on YouTube, you can find it by searching for 29 broadheads tested. He shot a bunch of heads into cow femurs. The three blade Bishop lost one of the blades when it hit bone. Since it is a one piece head hard to see how it could shear off a blade. Not at all what I would have expected based on how tough they claim the steel they use is. Is the steel too brittle?