Exodus broadhead help

Whitetaildown215

Lil-Rokslider
I am having trouble getting these to fly right out of my creed xs with a 469 grain arrow yet I can get slick tricks to shoot just fine. Also if I put them in a 400 grain arrow they shoot fine. The bow has been tuned (spent a few hours at the shop paper tuning and making adjustments). Should I drop the heavier arrows and use the lighter 400 grain with the exodus or just scrap the exodus and use the slick tricks? Specs are 28.5 draw, 67 pounds, and the 469 grain is shooting 255 while the 400 is shooting 270. Any thoughts? I like this bow for some of my stands and ground blinds and my longest shots in those areas are 30-35 yards. For my longer stands and the edges of the fields I'll take my halon.

I’m not exactly sure what’s going on there. Paper tuning only shows so much; Bare shaft tuning will show a lot more. You’re changing your FOC a fair amount with those two set ups. But as for your question, both choices are good ones—heavier arrow with ST or lighter with Exodus. What are you hunting? For deer, you are certainly fine with a 400 grain arrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Whitetaildown215

Whitetaildown215

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah just hunting deer with this bow. The exodus will fly great with the heavy arrows out of my halon though. Part of me thinks it's my rest but the light arrows are dead center with both the exodus and ST. Hell I don't know, Maybe that bow just doesn't like heavy arrows.

I am having trouble getting these to fly right out of my creed xs with a 469 grain arrow yet I can get slick tricks to shoot just fine. Also if I put them in a 400 grain arrow they shoot fine. The bow has been tuned (spent a few hours at the shop paper tuning and making adjustments). Should I drop the heavier arrows and use the lighter 400 grain with the exodus or just scrap the exodus and use the slick tricks? Specs are 28.5 draw, 67 pounds, and the 469 grain is shooting 255 while the 400 is shooting 270. Any thoughts? I like this bow for some of my stands and ground blinds and my longest shots in those areas are 30-35 yards. For my longer stands and the edges of the fields I'll take my halon.

I am just "guessing" But,.. I've had accuracy or, forgiveness Issues, too ! And I "believe", it has to do with the "Velocity" of the Arrow with,.. the 1 1/4 inch Diameter Blades as, I shot mine with a 457 grain Arrow at, 255 FPS and ended up giving them, to my son. He's shooting a 510 gr at 290ish, go figure ??? My 100 Gr Strikers and 100 gr VPA 3 Blade ( vented) all shot with,.. my FP's, You might "TRY" the lighter Arrow, tho ! I really like, a fairly high, FOC and "good" arrow weight and STAYED with the VPA's and Strikers and 15% FOC ! Fly like "Bullets" to 70 yards !

After rereading your post and comparing the arrow weights vs Velocities, of both of us, I see the similarities and pretty much would "PIN" the issue on,.. Velocity needed, to "Rotate" that Bigger Diameter Head ! MORE Speed, needed !! IMO

Jay03

WKR
What spine are the two arrow setups? Point weight? Arrow length? All things to consider with broadhead flight, especially a big bladed head like an Exodus.

Without knowing the specs I am wondering if its a spine issue in the heavier arrow setup. With enough point weight on a given spine you may have degraded it enough to not get good broadhead flight. Just a thought.