New bow choices

I've kind of narrowed my choice for a new (to me) bow down to these bows. This is my maybe list...Elite Energy 35, Hoyt Defiant 34 and Mathews Halon 32. This is my very interested list...Mathews Chill X and Elite Revol 35. I have not shot any of these bows, so the only thing I know about them is what I have read or heard. I am looking for a longer axel-to-axel bow with 60# limbs and 29.5" draw will shoot a 445 grain arrow around 270-280 fps. I think the Defiant and Energy will be a little slow for that and I think the Halon is going to be a little short for my liking. This is why I am strongly considering the Chill X and Revol 35. On paper, they look like the bow I am looking for. My main issue with these two choices is that none of the bow shops around my hometown have these bows in stock. I can order one, but I don't want to order something I haven't shot first. Does anyone have any experience shooting both of these bows and have any feedback on these two? From what I have read, I won't have any problems selling my old Hoyt AlphaMax 35 and it looks like there are a few good used Chill X's and Revol 35's floating around in the classifieds.

I used to have the Chill series, I won't personally own a bow w/o yokes ever again.

I like my Pro Defiant 34 quite a lot. Mine is 28.5", 75# (ordered a 70#, came in a bit heavy but still very smooth for me) shooting a 525gr arrow at 269 fps. Tunes well, shoots VPA 3 blade, NAP Killzone and Slick Trick's very well.

Can't help ya with the others, good luck!

I haven't shot the halon 32 but have shot the halon in 7" brace and currently shooting a halon in the 6" flavor I really like the bow to me tho it seems bulky to me I may trade it after season for that reason only it is a shooter again not the one your looking at but very close the giant cams makes the 30" ata feel like 32

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whitetaildown215

Lil-Rokslider
I have the halon 6 at 28" draw set at 67# with the 85% mods and it's shooting a 469 grain arrow at 267 if that helps any. I had the 75% mods on it last year and it shot a touch faster but don't remember what it was running.

R_burg

WKR
I think you should shoot the Prime Centergy Hybrid and the PSE Evolve 35. I am tall with a longish DL (31.5) and dont like to go below 34/35 ATA and I shot most everything in that ATA range last year, and IMO those two bows stood out above everything else.

Of course, this is just an opinion. Others will feel differently and prefer other bows. But I would at least shoot those two.

Bones

WKR
I am shooting the defiant 34, and like it a lot. I am shooting a 500 grain arrow at 278 fps. I far prefer shooting it with the wooden grip removed.

This will be my 3rd season with e 35. It's the best hunting bow I've ever had. I used to switch out bows just about every season after trying the latest offerings , not even thinking about switching now.

Jay03

WKR
You might consider the Impulse 34, It will give you more speed than the Revol and have more letoff, Just a thought. Its a sweet shooting bow and a few hundred less than the Revol. I think at 60lb the difference between the E35 and Revol as far as speed goes will be almost unnoticeable, and might struggle to get the speed you want with an arrow that heavy. The Impulse however should get what you want done.

GotDraw?

WKR
one thing to consider is how usable is the valley?--

Speed and other stats are great, but in reality 10 fps +/- means nothing to the animal you shoot.

That said, if the bow wants to jump as soon as you come off the wall, then you'll never be able to take full advantage of the let-off and relax if you're in an extended hold waiting for your deer/elk, etc to move into shooting position.

For that reason, I will give Elite a very hard look next time around

rhendrix

WKR
So I've shot a Hoyt CS34 for a few years now and just picked up a halon 32, I like it so far. It's set at 27" with 85% mods and the valley is awesome, I could hold it at full draw for awhile. Some may say it's a tad heavy but it's kinda like a bull barrel, it helps increase accuracy.