Have some questions about tuning a Halon 32

rhendrix

WKR
So I picked up a Mathews Halon 32 recently, I've shot a Hoyt Carbon Spyder 34 the past couple years and am super familiar with the Z5 cam and how to tune a cam 1/2 system. I have zero clue where to start tuning the Halon 32...so I threw it on the draw board and noted that the bottom cam hits the draw stops a 1/16" of an inch before the top. How do I correct this? Add a twist to the top side of the control cable? Once I do have the cams in sync I had planned on setting my centershot by walk back tuning and then bare shady tuning from there. Is shooting through paper even necessary if I stick with bare stat tuning? Also, can someone explain how to fix lateral nock travel with a bare shaft using the top hats?

OR Archer

WKR
The timing on the Halon 32 is pretty sensitive so only add a half twist at a time for corrections. If the bottom is hitting first add a half twist to the bottom cable.

The top hats are used to shim the cams. There are several different sizes so you may need to pick up a complete set from a dealer to achieve a good tune for your set up. Basically you’ll use them to shim the cams toward the nock. Example would be a left tear shim the cam to the left. Only do one cam at a time. If it needs to move more then do the second cam. Hopefully that makes sense to you.

OP
R

rhendrix

WKR
Sweet, that does make sense. I'm guessing when I go to bare shaft tune instead of moving the rest I'd move the shims, or can I do both?

OP
R

rhendrix

WKR
Thanks again for the help!
776f4f970954d104b03f357c7fa0667f.jpg