HHA Kingpin vs Spot Hogg

brocksw

WKR
Looking at a 3 pin slider and it looks like these are my best options...

Spot Hogg has treated me very well in the past but a lot of people like those HHA sights too.

Looks like both come with 100 yard tapes for a max yardage.

Is there any compelling reason for one over the other?

Looks like HHA has a nice rheostat function and the pins are slightly brighter. Also has interchangeable wheels incase I switch bows or arrows.

Spot Hogg will always be known for durability but it doesn't sound like the HHA is no slouch in that department.

Is there any mechanical advantages? Using custom tapes does the spot hogg offer more range(considering fetching clearance of course)?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

big44a4

WKR
Personally for a 3 pin slider I like MBG. That said I shoot a hogg father.

There is no advantage allowing more range out of either as you can only shoot as far as your setup (bow/arrow) will let you. I'd print a custom tape for either option as well. Then verify each 10 yard mark as far as you can.

N2TRKYS

WKR
I couldn't stand the Kingpin. I preferred the Optimizer Ultra way better. These are the single pin versions, fwiw.

N2TRKYS

WKR
Why

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

The location of the wheel is towards the front of the bow, instead of in the rear where it should be. The magnifying glass on the wheel made the numbers hard to read, unless the bow of positioned just right. Very aggravating and not as user friendly to me.

The location of the wheel is towards the front of the bow, instead of in the rear where it should be. The magnifying glass on the wheel made the numbers hard to read, unless the bow of positioned just right. Very aggravating and not as user friendly to me.
if you call them theyll send you a metal pointer like on the optimizer to swaps in instead of the magnifying pointer for free. never ran a spott hogg but i love my kingpin. a definite upgrade from the optimizer for me imo. very sturdy, bright pin, smooth dial, no adapters needed to run my tight spot or adjust 3rd axis and the seamless transition between arrows distinguishes it for me.

N2TRKYS

WKR
if you call them theyll send you a metal pointer like on the optimizer to swaps in instead of the magnifying pointer for free. never ran a spott hogg but i love my kingpin. a definite upgrade from the optimizer for me imo. very sturdy, bright pin, smooth dial, no adapters needed to run my tight spot or adjust 3rd axis and the seamless transition between arrows distinguishes it for me.

I didn't like it enough to try to swap the glass out for a pin. I haven't run into any issues with my quiver mounting, either. I don't care about 3rd axis adjustment or the bubble level, for that matter. I usually take them off and get them out of my way.