2018 Hoyt - thoughts?

TheTone

WKR
I shot an RX1 the other night at a shop. I really liked it, drew and let down smooth, the new grip felt good, finish was good (finish was better on the carbon that the Hyperedge they had). It seemed like a bow I would be very happy to own, but I'm definitely going to have to see what previous year models start selling for and what other manufactures come out with before I decide if I'm buying something new.

CLICKBANGBANG

Lil-Rokslider
My only thought is I’m keeping my Defiant Pro. That sums it up.

You should see the bows that are being dumped for cheap on the Hoyt Archery buy sell trade FB page. Crazy the loss you take when you need a new bow every year.

MattB

WKR
It sounds like the turbo cam for this year is a lot nicer shooting than in recent years.

Jet-Tac

FNG
Gonna have a hard time giving up my defiant but guess I'll find out later this week when I go shoot a couple of the new ones.

Trial153

WKR
I was considering an RX1 or turbo but when I found out they lied on the mass weight that pretty much rules them out.

Trial153

WKR
yes they are coming in way heavier then the specs state

seems like that is a lie to me.

OR Archer

WKR
I was considering an RX1 or turbo but when I found out they lied on the mass weight that pretty much rules them out.

The advertised mass weight doesn't include the riser or limb dampers on the bow. Mathews does the same thing with their advertised weights. Should include and asteriks by the number to inform people about that.

Trial153

WKR
when I take a bow out the box it should weight what it says it weights. Hoyt or anyone else for that matter.
Just more typical bull shit smoke and mirrors that we can expect from bow companies.

OR Archer

WKR
when I take a bow out the box it should weight what it says it weights. Hoyt or anyone else for that matter.
Just more typical bull shit smoke and mirrors that we can expect from bow companies.

It's no different than speed ratings for bows. The companies are always going to put the number out there that sounds the best to the consumer.

I haven't shot a bow yet where I cared what it weighed too much. I like quiet, forgiving bows that kill well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kinda like when I pull a 140 gr bullet from a box to reload it should be 140 grs and not 138 or 142...

which frequently they are.

jm1607

WKR
The advertised mass weight doesn't include the riser or limb dampers on the bow. Mathews does the same thing with their advertised weights. Should include and asteriks by the number to inform people about that.

Reminds me of Kuiu's tents :)

Kinda like when I pull a 140 gr bullet from a box to reload it should be 140 grs and not 138 or 142...

which frequently they are.

This would be more like if you bought a box of 140s and average weight across the box was 150 and the manufacturer said "oh, we just list the weight of the lead, not the jacket too".

MattB

WKR
Haven't seen a Turbo yet. Not sure when we will be getting them in.

I shot one the other night, and I did not think the cam was much harder from a draw cycle perspective than the std cam. Pretty nice really, and better than my 2015 turbo. I am a 27.5" DL and shot a 29". That is usually a recipe for disaster as hard cams want to jump, but this one did not.

wesfromky

WKR
My shoulder and I prefer a more progressive build-up like my Nitrum and Turbo and look forward to trying out the new turbo when it's available.

Quick question - are turbo cams easier on the shoulders vs regular cams? I know they are jumpier to hold at full draw, but is the draw cycle actually easier on your shoulder vs a regular cam at the same poundage?

MattB

WKR
Quick question - are turbo cams easier on the shoulders vs regular cams? I know they are jumpier to hold at full draw, but is the draw cycle actually easier on your shoulder vs a regular cam at the same poundage?

No, the extra speed comes from the draw generally being harsher through the entire cycle.

Slim Jim

WKR
I love the news bows that just came out......it allowed me to buy a brand new 2017 Carbon Defiant on clearance........at $300 off! Yup, I love it when the marketing gurus cast their spell. :) Of course I only get a bow every 7-8 years.

2579ac510b579a75e3a647774558ecdf.jpg

Same here!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk