Elite Bows on Camofire today?

zman

Lil-Rokslider
So I spent somewhere north of $1000 on an Impulse 31 setup back in june at my local pro shop. Now they are on Camofire today for $799. Didn't expect to see that... thought they were pro shop only.

jmez

WKR
They are until new models come out. There were a bunch of PSE's on there yesterday. You can go on Ebay and buy last years Hoyt's new in the box from dealers.

OP
zman

zman

Lil-Rokslider
Got this back from them... sound like it was a dealer.
Keith,
Thank You for your concerns about this matter, we did not authorize this as a company and are looking into it..

Cody

lilharcher

Lil-Rokslider
That sucks, but seems pretty typical of retailers these days, given all the pressure from the big boys.

How does your bow shoot BTW??

sneaky

"DADDY"
So I spent somewhere north of $1000 on an Impulse 31 setup back in june at my local pro shop. Now they are on Camofire today for $799. Didn't expect to see that... thought they were pro shop only.
So, would you complain in another month? Compound bows are like computers, obsolete when you buy them. Buying any bow, other than a custom recurve or longbow, isn't a long term investment decision. Enjoy your bow, but throwing a forum sponsor under the bus isn't gonna gain you a ton of favor.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

The dealer can sell to whoever they want when they walk in the door. Someone who isn't an authorized dealer can resell the bow however they want. The manufacturer does not have to honor the warranty. Perfectly legit...

i think elites rollout from last year was a flop and there are probably a lot of small shops with a bunch of bows hanging on their walls they can't sell.

wapitibob

WKR
Back in the 80's when I was at Golden Eagle, we and Hoyt started cataloging serial numbers with the associated Dealers those bows went to. I suspect Hoyt still does it as their warranty still has the "mail order" exclusion.

Tom_

Lil-Rokslider
Bows just don't hold value like you would hope. After the new model passes the first hunting season the bottom starts to fall. Then right after the ATA Show it will fall again. The 2017 Elites will be had for $600 in February. Mathews and Hoyt hold value longer but can still be had well below MSRP. Small dealers can't hold onto old inventory with the large guarantee they have to spend just to be a dealer. They need to sell them off somewhere.

Bones

WKR
I saw them there, and they did say that the manufacturer's warranty didn't apply because they were purchased on closeout.

Rsully661

Lil-Rokslider
This is throwing a sponsor under the bus?

Didn't expect to see that... thought they were pro shop only.

Elite is not who they were, since Pete isn’t running the show and pro shooters became the reps they have gone down hill terribly fast. I️ miss the old elite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OR Archer

WKR
Elite is not who they were, since Pete isn’t running the show and pro shooters became the reps they have gone down hill terribly fast. I️ miss the old elite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m in a 100% agreement here. TOG is not what they were.