Back Tension Release Help...

smlneal

FNG
I am thinking about getting a back tension release (with safety) to work on my form. Can anyone give me any advice on a good quality brand to get.

Thanks!!!

goph707

FNG
I got a nock on silverback. I can’t say enough good things about it! Can be kinda tricky to set-up, but there is plenty of YouTube videos on set-up. It is a little steep on the price side. It’s a Carter release with “nock on” on it.

Lawnboi

WKR
I've got a Stan element I've been very impressed with. Medium 4 finger fits my hand perfectly. And it's a true resistance release. Used it as a trainer all summer, but plan on going, and sticking to it for indoor and spring next year. Personally I'd never hunt with it.

jmez

WKR
I would look at the Stan releases with the Morex hinge. They can be pinned so that they will function but not fire. You can put a clicker sear in them and then practice with them not shooting an arrow. Come to full draw go through your firing engine and when it clicks it would have fired. If you truly want to learn how to shoot a hinge, this is better than using one with a dedicated safety. You have to do everything correctly or you will hear it click when you are drawing back.

I spent 3 months using one before I ever fired a live arrow with a hinge. Great training tool. Using a safety will allow you to develop bad habits on the draw and settling into your anchor.

corylee4870

Lil-Rokslider
I recently learned to shoot a hinge myself. I would definitely recommend reading about the firing engines. I do not recommend any of the resistance releases, they did not work for me. The safety pin system on the Stan releases are nice. I would also recommend practicing with some Paracord for several days before using the release with your bow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AZElk

FNG
Are you looking for a actual back tension release like a Execution or a hinge style like the Sweet Spot Pro. I personally shoot the Sweet Spot Pro II and have loved it ever since I first shot it. It is a truly bullet proof design allowing for travel adjustment that does not interfere with the safety feature. I also shoot the Blade Pro and it is a thumb trigger release that you can perform back tension with. The adjustable trigger position allows us as shooters to really personalize the release to you.

4ester

WKR
I would also recommend reading the articles from Padgett. This will help a bunch. I shoot a Truball HBC, and although it’s heavy it sure feels good and quality in your hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carter Honey hinge release.
Simple, you control it for good safety and form, yet has the ability to shoot quick on wild game if needed