Double Bow Case or 2 Singles?

Whisky

WKR
I have two 34" ATA bows, and am contemplating 1 double case or 2 singles. I would want the case to fit up to 35" ATA bows... Anyone have any experience with a double case and if it's preferred over 2 singles? I also have a 2 piece quiver on my primary bow that I need a case big enough to keep that on the bow.
Suggestions?
Thanks

OP
Whisky

Whisky

WKR
Will you be flying with this case?

Nothing planned now, but if I'm going to do it I might as well do it right. Plan for the future I guess.

I should have clarified, I am looking for a hard case. Thanks

AZElk

FNG
I have a SKB Double BowCase and it fits one fully equipt bow nicely. If you are going to use the foam divider there needs to be no quiver or sight on your bow for both to fit.

OP
Whisky

Whisky

WKR
Well, sounds like double cases are worthless for 2 bows then.

So what single case can fit a 35" ATA bow with sight and quiver on? Or do I need a double just for that? Thanks

GotDraw?

WKR
I might disagree... but only if flying.

Double cases are worth it if you are flying. You will save a checked bag (and the cost of it) each time you fly. More importantly, you will be able to buy a cheap plastic cooler and bring back meat as a checked bag if that is important to you.

Put both bows in one case, remove the sights and stabilizer, they will fit between the strings/cables as will your broadheads and other small items.

Take your arrows in a hard tube or box and put them in your duffel.

Done.

Now you can bring an extra checked bag home and you will save money each time you fly.

JL

Well, sounds like double cases are worthless for 2 bows then.

So what single case can fit a 35" ATA bow with sight and quiver on? Or do I need a double just for that? Thanks

Last edited:
When I travel, I put one bow inside a soft case along with all of my clothes and then put that inside of my SKB double that I removed all of the foam from. Then I put my backup bow and gear inside another soft case that drops inside my rolling duffel. This splits up both bows in case one gets lost during shipment. That actually happened to me this year on a sheep hunt. Using the soft cases on the bush flights is much better than handing a bare bow to the pilot to load.

Whisky,

I have the SKB Double Bow (Pelican style hard case) and a Hunter series case.

The hunter series is much lighter and works with my quiver attached and has dedicated space for arrows. The negative is there is so much open space that anything else you want to put in there will bang around loosely in the case unless you come up with a creative way to secure them.

The Double bow doesn't really fit two bows well, Maybe if you took sights and quivers off it would work.. It does work well with a bow and a bunch of other stuff. I got it so I could fly with a bow and a rifle or pistol and a bunch of accessories in one case. It's a heavy bitch and pretty cumbersome for local use if you are not flying.

Whisky,

I have the SKB Double Bow (Pelican style hard case) and a Hunter series case.

The hunter series is much lighter and works with my quiver attached and has dedicated space for arrows. The negative is there is so much open space that anything else you want to put in there will bang around loosely in the case unless you come up with a creative way to secure them.

The Double bow doesn't really fit two bows well, Maybe if you took sights and quivers off it would work.. It does work well with a bow and a bunch of other stuff. I got it so I could fly with a bow and a rifle or pistol and a bunch of accessories in one case. It's a heavy bitch and pretty cumbersome for local use if you are not flying.

Echo this. I just bought an skb double bow. Think8ng about using it as a bass boat in the off season.

OP
Whisky

Whisky

WKR
So if flying isn't a concern what would you recommend for a single case that allows quiver to remain on

tommymo

Lil-Rokslider
I have the SKB double bow case, can't say if it will pack two bows well, but it sure as heck allowed me to my bow, entire camp, and clothes for a week long September Elk hunt, ended up being just 1 checked in bag. Worked great.

So if flying isn't a concern what would you recommend for a single case that allows quiver to remain on

I use one of these.
Hunter Series Bow Case | Parallel Limb Bow Cases | SKB Sports

Nice and light and offers good protection and allows me to leave a quiver on (with arrows removed). I have flown with it as well it just doesn't hold miscellaneous items as well as the double bow case. It works with 8" stabilizer attached, don't recall if 10" works. Doesn't work with side bar or even the Bee Stinger Sidebar mount. Not sure if there is anything better..

Last edited:

SunShine

Lil-Rokslider
I own a nice SKB double. Also a SKB single and a Plano Double.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk