Black gold ascent or fast Eddie xl?

hunterman_78

Lil-Rokslider
What everyone’s thoughts on a black gold ascent verdict or a spott Hogg Fast Eddie xl? I currently have a seven deadly pin but would like to go to a single pin movable. Thanks guys

big44a4

WKR
What everyone’s thoughts on a black gold ascent verdict or a spott Hogg Fast Eddie xl? I currently have a seven deadly pin but would like to go to a single pin movable. Thanks guys

Both are great sights. I like pins better for MBG but SH has the double pin so that’s nice to have just in case. Can’t go wrong with either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have never owned a fast Eddie, but have several black golds. The few times I have shot the fast Eddie at the shop it drove me nuts having the sight tape on the outside, I really want to like that sight and maybe it's just that I have shot the black gold for so long it's second nature but i cant get past the outside tape

OP
H

hunterman_78

Lil-Rokslider
I can definitely see how having the tape inside would be beneficial for sure.

Bat cave, that would be awesome!

OP
H

hunterman_78

Lil-Rokslider
Well after some thought and looking around I’ve decided to go with the Fast Eddie xl with five pins. I feel this would be the best for me. I really like the idea of the single pin but just can’t seem to hunt with it. Pretty excited to get this sight in and put it to use!

I will toss in a thought. I went from a 5 pin fixed to a 3 pin slider, my first adjustable sigh, An axcel accutouch. I also bought a single pin sight for the axcel. After 12 or so hunts and two shots with the 3 pin, not only am I staying with the multi pin, I am sending it in after season to have two more pins added. I have had two animals at a range just beyond my fixed pins. I struggled to get the range and then dial in the right setting. One miss and one bad shot placement. Both totally my fault but the added stress of dialing for a relatively close shot was a contributor to the errors. There are plenty of more experienced archers and hunters on here that stack up animals with single pins. For me, having fixed pins that can get me out to 60 yards and the ability to slide beyond that when I presume will have more time is the answer.

For me I need the 5 pin slider type sights.
Why?

Out West there lots of longer range shots for sure.
But its not just that cause a single pin slider can handle those as well.

The benefit of the 4 or 5 pin sliders is:
You can use the top 3 pins as a gauge to verify if there is any over hanging branches or bushes in the way of the shot where you are using your 4th pin.

If the top 3 are in line with anything while setting that 4th pin on your target, you will have contact with them/arrow

I used to think I don't want 5 pins in my sight housing - too busy.
But 3 pins just isn't enough, it will always get you, eventually.

So I would buy the 5 pin slider and remove 1 pin and make it a 4 pin slider.
My pins are 30,40,50,60 - good for thicker cover, not for western open areas.

So I went back to the 5 pin slider, shot everyday and jus got used to it, and now I wont shoot anything else.
I now go out to 70 without touching the slider, and if I need to the animal is at 80 or beyond and I usually have time.

I have the BG as well, and looked hard at the SH. The pins on the BG are so bright, even I can see them.