Mathews 2018

rhendrix

WKR
Hadn’t seen this mentioned, but has anyone see the Triax line yet in person? Thoughts?

orbowhunt

Lil-Rokslider
A little bit concerned that it's only 28" axle to axle. Personally wouldn't want to go below 30". But it looks like it might be a pretty sweet whitetail/tree stand bow.

OR Archer

WKR
We received ours today. It’s by far the quietest and most vibration free bow I’ve ever shot. Tunes very easy like the Halon series. For a short bow it aims really well. I did feel it loaded at the end of the draw cycle but not terrible. It definitely feels lighter than the advertised weight. Overall I think it’s a great shooting bow.

MT_Wyatt

WKR
I️ was pretty bummed they were 28” as I️ thought that shorty craze was over - I’m guessing with the big cams the string angle is a little better. It’ll be interesting to go shoot. From the outside it seems like they kept the halon 32 for the western crew and brought that technology to this new one more geared towards the whitetail market.

I’d actually be okay with the whole “new flagship” every year thing kind of dropping off - it’s nice to see the big technology stuff sticking around for multiple years, kind of like cars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brocksw

WKR
Certainly not false advertising on mathews part...stealthy! I'm with ORArcher when he said... The quietest most vibration free bow I've ever shot. I'm not a fan of 28" Ata either but Ground blind/tree stand guys will love it. I'm sure some of backcountry folks will shoot it too though.

The bow felt very stable during draw and at full draw. I did not notice the same loading at the end of the draw that was mentioned above. Uses the same cc2 draw mods as the halon 32.

As Wyatt said I like the way they're not releasing a brand new flagship bow every year too. I would expect mathews to release something more of a complete redesign in '18 or '19.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

OP
R

rhendrix

WKR
I’ll have to hold it in my hands in order to give an honest opinion, but I️ can’t see how shooting a 28” ATA now would be comfortable. To each their own.

orbowhunt

Lil-Rokslider
Just shot this bow yesterday and I have to say I was impressed. Probably wouldn't hunt with it over the 32 but it really is a sweet shooting bow. I've never shot a quieter bow and it didn't feel like I was shooting a 28" inch axle to axle. Overall really fun to shoot and very quiet.

thnksno

Lil-Rokslider
Everybody was all bent out of shape when the z7 extreme came out. Once people gave it a chance people liked it. That bow shot great and the same thing can be said about the creed xs.

Rwbrew3

WKR
I really enjoy this bow.. its a bit heavy but with such a short AtoA it almost needs to be to help
Stabilize it. I do however have a short draw length so I’m not worried about it being short. This
Bow is almost silent,if it wasn’t for the target its hitting you wouldnt hear much, is dead in the
Hand but so is my halon and my no cam. It is faster than my halon and of coarse the no cam.
Definitely Looking forward to hunting later in the season in a treee or ground blind. On a side note, I did watch a guy with a
30in draw length shooting it and after he was done he placed his order,I’m guessing with such big cams
This little guy must feel like a longer axle to axle bow for those who have longer draw lengths. Also, this
Bow didn’t want much weight out front and dont see a need for a back bar at all, it is stable as can be as is.

I would say shoot it and see if its something for you if not there are lots of great options out there...

I’m not a flag waiver either, also in my stable i have a Hoyt and a Bowtech as well.. but this bow will be my go to in
A tree or ground blind !

Last edited:

Bill V

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I shot one yesterday. Definitely lighter and I think quieter, but I prefer the draw of the Halon 32.

After shooting the Halon 32 I feel the same way. I used to shoot a 28 inch Hoyt and won't go back to a short bow. The accuracy and forgiveness with a longer bow is worth any amount of extra weight.

Auckland

FNG
I was definetely impressed with the Triax, I feel you would never guess it was 28" ata if you couldnt see it. With those big cams it actually opens up to 30"+ at full draw. Dead in your hands on the shot, fast & quiet. Gotta love a compact bow to carry whether to a stand, blind or anywhere for that matter, being the brush, up a mountain or on your pack. Combine that with Mathews reliability and I personally feel you cannot go wrong here. And I have not enjoyed shooting a Mathews since my Switchback, so trust me, I am not bias to Mathews.

mtrecon

Lil-Rokslider
I know virtually nothing about bows and haven't bow hunted in 20 years. I went to the archery shop today to pick up a bow and start shooting and bow hunting again. I shot 6 different bows, this by far fit me best. Fast, quite, stable and accuracy was better out to distance. Granted, not every bow is the same for everyone, but it was as forgiving as the Halon 32 for me and suited me more than any of the others. Bow bought.

lchavez

Lil-Rokslider
I know virtually nothing about bows and haven't bow hunted in 20 years. I went to the archery shop today to pick up a bow and start shooting and bow hunting again. I shot 6 different bows, this by far fit me best. Fast, quite, stable and accuracy was better out to distance. Granted, not every bow is the same for everyone, but it was as forgiving as the Halon 32 for me and suited me more than any of the others. Bow bought.

Same exact experience, and I too now have a Triax.

ArkElk

FNG
I shot this bow last week and was rather impressed. I am apprehensive to buy it due to 28" ATA. But seeing that the majority of my Hunting is in a treestand it has me intrigued.

bncrshr77

FNG
Shot the triax along with several other bows on 2 seperate occasions now. Right now it's a toss up between the triax and elite ritual. Gonna be a tough choice for sure! 29dl 70# on all bows.

I just placed my order. I'm 5'6" so I'm guessing the 28" is less a concern for me. I like shooting it just a tab better than the H32 and with 4" shorter it should be nice.

I was at a shop last week to BS and shoot some bows. The Triax felt really good to shoot. Super smooth draw, no dump into the valley and held great. I have no need for a bow as I am happy with the two I have, but if I was looking I would consider a Triax. Sweet little bow.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk