Cutthroat Broadheads

The only broadheads I use and have killed animals with are Magnus Stingers and VPA 3 blades and am happy with both BUT am looking into trying out the Cutthroat single bevel heads . Any thoughts on these heads with any guys here that have used them especially with speeds over 260 ( compound) . I plan to buy some this week and hunt with them in Dec either way but just wanted any experienced opinions.

Yeah, I’ve tested them...and a lot of single bevel heads. You can check out my video reviews on my YouTube Channel: Lusk Archery Adventures. Link is in my bio. The Cutthroats are better than most single bevels. Bishop Archery makes the best...and they do cost accordingly. But Cutthroats are a solid choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I shot them quite a bit w/my longbow and recurves, flew very well for me. Haven't tried them from my compound.

They sharpen up very well, are reasonably priced considering the materials as well!

OP
Violent Hippie
Thanks for the feedback guys. Jacob, what sharpening technique / system are you using on theses ?

Thanks for the feedback guys. Jacob, what sharpening technique / system are you using on theses ?

Sorry, haven't been on here in a while. I called Ron over @ KME a few years ago to get help with sharpening my knives/broadheads.

Buy a KME, spend 20 minutes on the phone with Ron and you will be able to get them hair splitting sharp.

OP
Violent Hippie
I've heard the KME setup was good. I actually shot the cutthroats for 5 days last week and even had one blow through my target and lodge in a stump. I chiseled the head out and sharpened it on a flat stone following the factory angle with good results and feel confident in sharpening them at this point. They fly great as well. Great all around heads that I plan to hunt with .

I've heard the KME setup was good. I actually shot the cutthroats for 5 days last week and even had one blow through my target and lodge in a stump. I chiseled the head out and sharpened it on a flat stone following the factory angle with good results and feel confident in sharpening them at this point. They fly great as well. Great all around heads that I plan to hunt with .

What's the setup you're hunting with?

I have Ron's knife and broadhead sharpener, they both work fantastic. Combined with stropping, and I've never had my knives or broadheads sharper.
I put some Slick Trick replaceable blades through my KME, even sharper than from the factory

OP
Violent Hippie
One of the guys at RMS (seller of the cutthroats ) actually recommended the KME when I was talking with him. I noticed my backup sharpening system ( Lansky) also has a 25 degree setting so I could use that as well. The KME has been on the radar for awhile but I have been lucky enough to not need it using my current sharpening set ups. I'm shooting a 7 year old single cam Bear that is pushing my arrows at around 240 fps . Because its relatively slow and a single cam I have not had any issues with it ever as far as tuning or being finicky with broadheads. A new set up is budgeted in for this spring and will be shooting closer to 280 fps. I plan to continue using the 125 grain fixed heads on my new set up as well.

Sharp Things

Lil-Rokslider
Im sharpening mine now for my upcoming Water Buffalo hunt. I use my Stay Sharp Broadhead Sharpeneing guide.

[video=youtube;RtSjWGqj5Zs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtSjWGqj5Zs[/video]