Arrow recommendation and check my spine

TheCougar

WKR
I normally shoot GT pro hunters in 340 7595 spine. I’ve shot them for years and have no complaints. I’m low enough on arrows right now that I am considering shopping around.

First question: 28” arrow (insert to nock throat), 125gr tip, 70lb draw, shooting about 290-292fps out of a 2012 PSE Evo 7. I prefer to be overspined in case I want to add point weight or get a faster bow. Am I at a good spine? (I’ve looked at charts, but I’m confused by the ata/ibo speed thing. I can’t figure it if I should use the manufacturer speed or my actual FPS).

Second question: any recommendations on arrows? The GTs aren’t sexy, but they are straight, high quality, and very durable. I don’t care about the new hotness. I want a solid, consistent, high quality arrow. As much as I’d like a skinny shaft, I’m not about to go out and buy all new Broadheads.

Pulling 70lbs and with the 125 up front you might opt for 300’s. Most inserts will accept your broadheads except the deep six insert Easton has out. It all depends how much tinkering you want to do switching arrow spine and weight of arrow will change a lot with your bows current settings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
TheCougar

TheCougar

WKR
Pulling 70lbs and with the 125 up front you might opt for 300’s. Most inserts will accept your broadheads except the deep six insert Easton has out. It all depends how much tinkering you want to do switching arrow spine and weight of arrow will change a lot with your bows current settings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I don’t mind since I do it about once a every 7-8 years.

mcmurder77

Lil-Rokslider
I switched to victory VAP’s this year. And I have been nothing but impressed by them. I haven’t been fortunate enough to shoot them at anything but foam so far this year, but I haven’t had a single complaint. I’m using a 300spine, 95gr stainless outserts, and a 125 BH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk