Ouch, That has to suck.... new Hoyt Redwerx Bow blows up Picture included in post

OR Archer

WKR
I still have a hard time believing that bow “just blew up”. I think there’s something missing in the story. I’ve seen plenty of bows get dry fired and damaged and none just fall into a bunch of separate pieces like that no matter what make or model.

OP
SHTF

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
I still have a hard time believing that bow “just blew up”. I think there’s something missing in the story. I’ve seen plenty of bows get dry fired and damaged and none just fall into a bunch of separate pieces like that no matter what make or model.

He stated he had taken off his site and set it on the pile in the photo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a Gold Tip Pierce arrow, I highly doubt the arrow failed. Would love to hear what happened though!

Brendan

WKR

My Carbon Defiant "Just Blew Up". Manufacturing defect, limb delaminated down the middle at full draw, layers of the laminate separated. I was finding pieces at the 30 yard target butt. Hoyt had the bow sent back to them for repairs and replaced pretty much everything, and made it right, but it does happen.

Gumbo

WKR
Ouch. I shoot a Blowtech and am constantly checking the limbs but I rarely check my arrows. That will now change. For what it is worth, I dry fired a BTX-28 2 times in one night (my only dry fires ever in 26 years of archery) and had no damage visible to the bow and no change in tune. I still had strings, cams, and limbs replaced to be safe.

jmez

WKR
I dry fired a Carbon Matrix several years ago. Bent and broke one of the cams and cut the string in half. I think the bent/broken cam caused it to derail and string got cut on the broken edge of the cam.